Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Default 3rd Annual Sinclair Jam in Milledgeville, GA

Since it's starting to warm up here in the ATL, I figure it's time to get the official date posted for our 3rd Annual Sinclair Jam. It's scheduled for Sunday, July 10th on beautiful Lake Sinclair in Milledgeville, GA.

This is a non-SC sponsored event, but we will have all the things needed to have a great time: a great lake, lots of bugers & dogs, cold beer and plenty of Moomba boats.

Following are a few details about Lake Sinclair for anyone that wants to join us:

located in Milledgeville, GA - 15,000+ acres of water and 417 miles of shoreline. often cited as "the cleanest lake in GA"

http://www.georgiapower.com/lakes/Sinclair.asp

Hotels are located on the West side of the lake close to GA Power public boat ramps which require a nominal daily fee. There are some rental homes available also. Check out vrbo.com.

There are a few islands on the lake that people do primitive camping on. These islands offer some great spots to hang out and enjoy the lake. They are located close to the Sinclair Dam & Baldwin County Airport (for those looking on a map)

If you're out looking for us, we live in the Island Creek area of Lake Sinclair. We'll plan to be down by the Sinclair Dam around 10:00 am and go from there. Around 2:00 pm, I'll get my grill fired up and we can get together for some fun & fellowship.

Check out some of the comments and pics from previous events. https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....light=sinclair
    https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....light=sinclair

Feel free to send me a PM with any questions.

I'll be on Sinclair the weekend before for the fourth. Hate I'll miss this...sounds like a blast!
    SOLD! 2011 Mobius LSV 325HP EFI
    Digital Cruise Pro, Wakeplate, Kenwood KM550U and KCA-RC107MR x2, Kicker ZXM700.5, Kicker 6.5 Cabins, 10'' Kicker CompVT sub, Wetsounds SYN 4, Wetsounds REV10s, Wetsounds WS420Q, Gravity VI Surf Ballast, Acme 537

Board: '12 LF Harley (Monster) 139
    Her Board: '11 Ronix Krush 128
    Kids Board: '13 Ronix Vision 120
    Skate: LF Faction 44
    Surf: LF Custom Quad & XXX

Tow Rig:
    2011 Toyota Tundra CrewMax TRD Magnetic Grey
    3/1 Truxx Lift, and some other stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by Ed G View Post
    are these primitive islands under the flight path of the airport?

Are you subject to Bubba Joe and the Klan showing up at 7:30 PM and staying the night on the island with you?
    yes & yes

however, the airpost is a small one and mostly handles single engine prop planes and daytime flying and the islands are large enough that if a Bubba Joe shows up, you can find another peacuful area all to yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by E4NASH View Post
    I'll be on Sinclair the weekend before for the fourth. Hate I'll miss this...sounds like a blast!
    Let me know where you're going to be and we'll try and hook up anyway. I want to see your boat in person!

OR

change plans

Quote Originally Posted by wolfeman131 View Post
    Let me know where you're going to be and we'll try and hook up anyway. I want to see your boat in person!

OR

change plans
    Sounds like a plan...the meeting up part. The changing plans...no can do...trip already locked in.
    Digital Cruise Pro, Wakeplate, Kenwood KM550U and KCA-RC107MR x2, Kicker ZXM700.5, Kicker 6.5 Cabins, 10'' Kicker CompVT sub, Wetsounds SYN 4, Wetsounds REV10s, Wetsounds WS420Q, Gravity VI Surf Ballast, Acme 537

Tow Rig:

We will be there en masse! Third year in a row. Can't wait!
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

not sure how I missed this thread but we will be there.

Ed, you should really make it up-i think you would love the Island camping. Lots of room on the islands that you wont have any one close to you.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Quote Originally Posted by E4NASH View Post
    Correction....I will be on Lanier...NOT Sinclair!

Tow Rig:

Oh yes, Supra's are welcome
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

heck, Mike you can even bring the Nauti if you like

Ed, you're overthinking the camping. The islands are large and will probably be empty after the July 4th weekend. There is also plenty of undeveloped shoreline, woods across the road from my house and my neighbor's yards. You can't camp in my yard due to the potential of the "pooping in a hole" you keep talking about.