Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

You sit around you're just going to get old. You get a new truck yet?
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Think the last thing we all want to do when were old and no longer boating is to think back about the trips that we skipped. I try my best to make it to most events except the inlaw reunions

oh-that drive--going up is a short trip-one stop for gas and two for pee. now that trip home is a long ass drive that about the only thing I look forwards to is crawling into my own bed and passing out completely wore out from a great trip.
    Last edited by moombadaze; 04-26-2011 at 12:46 PM.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Is this a Moomba only event or is my Supra OK too?

Oh yes, Supra's are welcome
    Hey, Its Moomba time

13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

heck, Mike you can even bring the Nauti if you like

Ed, you're overthinking the camping. The islands are large and will probably be empty after the July 4th weekend. There is also plenty of undeveloped shoreline, woods across the road from my house and my neighbor's yards. You can't camp in my yard due to the potential of the "pooping in a hole" you keep talking about.

I forgot about those empty fields next to Drews-you'd most likely wake up with a deer sleeping next to ya
    Hey, Its Moomba time

13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold

Thanks Drew The Supra will be out and ready by then. I wouldn't want to stick out with a off brand of boat . Best to let Sups and Mooms stick together. Are there any campgrounds in the area preferably with lake access?

AGH! It sounds like a great time. I'll be out of state during that time dagnabbit...

The wife and I will be on our annual pilgrimage to visit relatives.
    We schedule it around when her brothers are also out visiting so we can escape from her parents when they are distracted by her brothers
    It is sort of an informal rotation, one family gets sacrificed while the others escape for awhile, but eventually our turn comes up and we must endure...

Oh well, we will get to spend some time in Yellowstone so it's not all bad

I'll have to make sure next year we keep July open.
    Kraig - 2010 Outback V

Quote Originally Posted by KSmith View Post
    pilgrimage to visit relatives . . . schedule it around when her brothers are also out visiting so we can escape from her parents when they are distracted by her brothers . . . sort of an informal rotation, one family gets sacrificed while the others escape for awhile, but eventually our turn comes up and we must endure...
    This is hilarious. It's exactly what we do when my Dad is around. He loves to talk and the more he drinks the more he talks. And, he's an expert on everything. So we take turns listening and yawning for 20-30 min at a time then rotate out. He just keeps on going on and on and on and on and on . . .
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Mike,

Campgrounds are tough as I don't think they are real close to us and/or have ramps. Local hotels on the West side of the lake are close to public ramps and town of Milledgeville, but better for hanging out with all of us are the condos at Lake Sinclair Villages. Older, but mostly remodeled and in good shape with a ramp on site, assigned slip, etc. for same, or less, than a hotel room. Here is an example:

http://www.vrbo.com/313194