Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: "The Wife"

Interesting. I had full support from my wife. We see it as a family thing. And, since we technically live in the desert, a survival issue. Gotta stay cool in the hot, hot sun. Ironically, when I asked the guy I bought my boat from, why he was selling. The first thing he said was that he had not used it in a year and a half. Then he said "also, my wife hates it". Unfathomable.

My wife is not a water bug by any means but we made the decision together to upgrade our boat.... She was more concerned about what the kids thought. Of course they were both for it..... She likes cruising on the water though and if the kids are happy the she's happy. Plus my nephews are nuts for it and their cabin is just a couple away from ours.
    2014 Mondo with da flow!!! Exile towers, stock everything else.... for now!

Quote Originally Posted by danomite81 View Post
    but man I just love to tell her what I am thinkin about .
    Easy fix - just don't tell her about it and instead just do it
    2010 LSV
    2006 Outback V (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by scoot_gt View Post
    Easy fix - just don't tell her about it and instead just do it
    If you like sleeping on the couch or for that matter in the boat
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

I bet your wife truly does like boating. If she didn't, it most likely would have been more of a struggle to purchase it last fall. She just doesn't need to know that the boat (and it's associated upgrade possibilities) are the only thing you are thinking about right now. Just think about it for a second............would you want to hear about different types of makeup and what you can do with them every time you talk to your wife???? Heck no! LOL Most guys, including myself, can get really involved with our hobbies/activities. Whether it is cars, trucks, motorcycles, boats, and everything else. We love to customize them, do upgrades, and make them our own. We need to remember that our THINGS are not the only thing that matters. I went through a very similar situation two years ago.
    You've flooded her with boat stuff, so just back off for a little while. Talk about and do things she likes to do. After a week or two you can talk to her about the boat again, I'm sure she likes/wants to hear a little about it. Just don't go too crazy. Yes, I know it is really easy to get obsessive about the boat. Things will work out, just take a break from talking with her about it.

Good luck

No wife.............no worries!!!
    07 Mobius LSV

I had to deal with those issues but if you find something that she enjoys then it makes it fun. Try going out in the evening or when there are events in the area like the 4th of July from the boat. Some people don't care for the sun and the heat. I used to take my daughter camping and boating and we had a blast and I had a wife that appreciated that I did that. You can find the niche that works and it took me over 20 years of marriage to discover some of them.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

My wife is great, fully supportive of the purchase of the boat. Almost tried to talk me into a Supra 21V, Damn it was nice, but for another 20 grand, not so much IMHO. She is supportive of upgrades and such to a point. Does get tired of hearing about them and at times gets cranky when she gets the bank statements

Now if I could get her to quit trying to run the trailer over when retrieving the boat we'd be good. There was a poor lake lice running for his life the last time out, she damn near backed over the poor bugger LOL. Of course she almost backed into the dock too... On the other hand the lice did park his arse right behind here knowing full well she was backing up (or trying to anyway). I made the dumb arse mistake of pushing her back off the trailer after her first successful, but poorly executed, effort at loading the boat onto the trailer. At the time there was no one around so I told her it was a good time to practice... my mistake, I should have quit when we were ahead...
    Kraig - 2010 Outback V

Quote Originally Posted by Shooter View Post
    No wife.............no worries!!!
    second that..

ex wasn't really on board with the idea at first, however liked the social aspect at the end(never did like water). gf absolutely loves the boat, and I think she's more anxious to surf than I am this year
    Last edited by sandm; 04-21-2011 at 07:33 AM. Reason: spelling pwns me..
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

I agree you just have to cool the talk for a while and do a little more listening. How about trying to get her to go to a Moomba owners' get together so she can see other wives enjoying their boats?
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!