Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default My new Moomba / Roswell Swivel Racks...

I ordered these from Heidi at Atlanta Marine, and I couldn't be happier! They are such nice racks, and AM has top notch Customer Service!

Unfortunately my cordless drill died during the install, so I was only able to get 1 side installed (and half at that, I still need to drill the 2nd hole in the tower) but you get the idea.

Here are some pics, so far:

I've got a little work to do with regard to mounting the tower speakers, as right now the racks can not rotate all the way in, as they hit the speakers. I might move them to the top oval bar this winter, or something, I dunno.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2013 Outback V

Hey Ian, nice rack!
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

those look awesome. do you know if they offer different forks that could hold surfboards?

Oohh how much??????
    2006 Mobius LSV 325 hp MPI Indmar
    2005 6L Silverado 1500HD Quadrasteer
    MODS: Polk DB651's Cabin Speakers, 10" Polk MM1040 Sub in a custom sub box, Kicker ZXM700.5 5 channel Amp, EZ net cargo nets, ACME 1847 Prop, 4 outlet Heatercraft Heater

Ian, nice rack's
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Have to chime in with nice racks too but, I thought the swivel mounted directly to the tower. Is the swivel arm mount something specific with Moomba?
    08 LSV, Perfect Pass, Grav III, 325 Indmar Assault and I love it!

Those look awesome. I wonder how the would work with the Z5 Rack. I think I just found my new mod.
    Tazz 07' Moomba LSV --Kicker Marine Amps (MX700.5 & MX350.4) 6 polk DB651 speakers, 4 MB Quartz Marine Speakers, 10" Boston Acoustic Sub, Z-5 Cargo Rack, Custom Speaker/Light Bar, modified ballast system, Custom LED Rings
    Live life to the extreme and no less!!

I had these on my XLV, unfortunately they are pretty useless if you have tower speakers mounted across the tower and mount the rack on the crossbar that the OEM racks mount. Reason they are useless is look in his pics, with rack halfway turned in imagine a board in the rack, it will hit the speakers if speakers are mounted traditionally (note - his speakers appear to be mounted to the top crossbar so the board MIGHT hit the speaker before fully turned in). So if you get these for an LSV or XLV AND you have tower speakers, I would mount them on the lower crossbar. I got mine at dealer cost $695 shipped through a good source, however, my dealer wanted $1,149 plus tax and wanted to charge me shipping. They are quality racks though. Fit and finish are great. Keep in mind his tower is an Outback, towers for LSV and XLV are different deminsions.
    Last edited by you da man; 08-18-2011 at 11:46 AM.

Isn't this rack mounted to the cross bar and not the tube?

That is correct, it mounts to the cross bar.

Regarding the swivel:
    -It does not rotate 180* because of my tower speaker mounting location, I imagine that if I moved the speakers to be mounted on the top bar that they would be able to rotate fully.
    -The 90*-100* that it does rotate is perfect for us, makes getting boards in and out way easier, and also eliminates the rack from intruding into dock space.

They suit my needs perfectly
    2013 Outback V