Hybrid View

Default Heater install help

I'm in the Process of installing a 4 port heater in my boat. Anyone have pics of a good place for the four vents. I've seen pics of two vents mounted in the side of the drivers area and one under the drivers seat. I like these locations but not sure where to put the fourth vent. Also, anyone for any ideas of how to maybe make a foot warmer for the driver or maybe a vent to blow on the driver?

Another thing, I had to move my perfect pass from the hose it is on to the bigger hose that runs along side of the hose it is factory installed on. Anyone see a problem with me doing this? I moved it to make space for the line going to the intake on the motor.
    2006 Mobius LSV

On mine the 4th is for the driver. I have have factory sub, drilled hole and mounted the using the Euro vent. On another setup the the Euro vent on directly on the box port and turned the lovuers to direct heat.

I put 2 in the walk thru, one under the driver seat and the 4th just behind the drivers seat... all 4 r pull out tubes...

Any thoughts on maybe putting the vent beside the cooler? I thought about this so people in the back corner could get heat but didn't know how to get the heater hose over to the vent.
    2006 Mobius LSV

put it behind the drivers seat where al(cab) put his he has great pics on his heater install thread. this is wher the peaoplw in the bacjk can get heat. I think the tubes are long enogh to get to the spotter side as well from the walk way.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Yes the tubes can reach the spotter seat from the walk way. They also can reach the Cooler from the walk way. If you install one under or just behind the drivers seat then you got the entire cabin covered.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by walb0244 View Post
    Any thoughts on maybe putting the vent beside the cooler? I thought about this so people in the back corner could get heat but didn't know how to get the heater hose over to the vent.
    You'd have to go all the way around the bow to get the hose next to the built in cooler and by then, I think you'd have lost a lot of CFM. The pull out behind the driver's seat will cover the entire back seat, from corner to corner. I have a pic showing this in my install thread.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Some had asked, here are the images from my install.

Dash is full, had to use HC switch. Did not really want to put it by the vdrive warning and kill switch since they were centered on the throttle, maybe too anal . Could not find locally a CB, so installed inline fuse.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mcdye; 04-20-2011 at 08:36 PM.