Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

beedish,
    Seldomly are the proximity of the RCAs to the power wire a real source of noise unless you run them parallel over a long distance. Its more of an accumulative issue with cheaper RCAs, lose RCAs or overgained amplifier inputs. So just avoid long side by side stretches and you should be fine. We've never had to actually move RCAs in a boat. Its a bit different in a car if you run both down the same side under tight rocker panels over a 15 foot span.
    Yes, even though the memory circuits don't usually have any relationship to the signal path, while you are at it go ahead and move the memory too. Some people run the memory battery direct so they don't lose programming over short durations but they add a switch for long term storage as to avoid the drain which can empty a battery in 3 to 4 weeks. It depends on the particular radio defaults and your particular usage as to whether or not this is worthwhile.
    If you want isolation from the helm buss but you still want the switched function a basic interrupt relay (horn relay from any auto parts store or stereo shop that does alarms) will do the trick. Its very easy surgery.

David
    Earmark Marine

Quote Originally Posted by EarmarkMarine View Post
    Al,
    I know I get a little technical sometimes but I try to introduce the readers to different concepts rather than the same old same old, plus I want to provide the real reasons why.
    The affects can be variable. If the charge level between the batteries are minimal than there is less voltage differential that is trying to equalize. As the charge level is quite a bit different due to a larger system, larger battery reserves and longer playtime at rest, the difference can be more profound and the risk can be greater.
    If its not too much trouble I would recommend making the change.

David
    Earmark Marine
    David,

Thanks for the response, I understand the concern now. I will go ahead and make the change, but want to keep the functionality of the stereo ON/OFF switch on the dash, so I will re-route the power from the switch back to the port side where the stereo batt is. I don't know how many wires I have running through my ski locker now but looks like I need to add another!

Thanks again.

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Yeah, I'll just pull my switch panel off and run a new power wire from the switch to the new battery. I'll just wire-nut up and tie the old power wire that was running to the switch.

Thanks for the help!
    2005 Supra Launch 24 SSV