Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Very Clean install! This makes me want to redoo my boat now! No time though, boating season is among us already, can't waste time on the water modifying a functional stereo.
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

I'm with you. Once crap works and the sun is shining the only thing I work on is getting the gas cap off and back on.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Lookin great man. I've got equipment mounted on that panel as well, looks great when opened up and its super convenient to get to everything!

Any chance you can show some pictures of the wiring from the batteries to the Blue Sea etc? I will be having to do the same thing and am nervous about screwing it up.

Thanks in advance Razz!
    2011 President's Trophy - Check
    2011 Western Confernece Champs - Check
    2011 Stanley Cup Champs - Not so Much....

2007 Outback V

Quote Originally Posted by Canuckle Head View Post
    Any chance you can show some pictures of the wiring from the batteries to the Blue Sea etc? I will be having to do the same thing and am nervous about screwing it up.

Thanks in advance Razz!
    No prob, It's actually alot easier and simpler than the Blue Sea instructions make it out to be! I've only used the base installation prior, no remote led or isolation start hookup (which I may do this time), I'll make sure to post pics though.

As an FYI and as i said in an above post, unless your upgrading your charging system itself, there's no need to upgrade the wire size from the acr to the batts. This of course is based on the output of your alternator. So even though I'm upgrading the stereo batt bank to 1/0 gauge, for my 70 amp alt uses 4ga with 150amp fuses for the acr. This info came straight from Blue Sea. Now if you have the Assault 340 with the 90 amp alt then you'll need to run 2ga/150 amp fuses.
    2007 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by Canuckle Head View Post

Thanks in advance Razz!
    So i talked with David @ Earmark concerning wiring with an ACR and he gave me some enlightening insight as to how it works and how to make it work better. I'm starting the wiring on the electrical panel tomorrow and i'll be sure to include this information for you.
    2007 Mobius LSV

Getting the time to finish this is killing me! All that's left to do is wire the amps themselves and a few minor details and the system is a wrap! YEA! I'm also working on a cover for the panel that will allow access to the main breaker and switch while covering the rest of it. Who knows when that will get done! Here's the panel all wrapped up.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2007 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by Razzman View Post
    Getting the time to finish this is killing me! All that's left to do is wire the amps themselves and a few minor details and the system is a wrap! YEA! I'm also working on a cover for the panel that will allow access to the main breaker and switch while covering the rest of it. Who knows when that will get done! Here's the panel all wrapped up.
    screwing into that wall right there makes me nervous! how thick is it and what length screws did you use?
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Piece of cake, there's 3/4 marine plywood glassed into the backside of that wall for rigidity, on both sides of the walkway. It runs from below the observers seat to under the port bow seat. Next time your in your boat run your finger along the very bottom of that wall and you'll see.

Look close and you'll see it's a panel I built, all the stuff is on that. The panel is actually spaced away from the wall 1/2", I used four 1" #12 stainless screws to attach the panel. Far less holes than from the factory attaching all their dual batt stuff.
    2007 Mobius LSV

That looks really nice, great work!
    2013 Outback V