Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Razzman View Post
    GEEZUS! You gotta be a millionaire to afford these blasted batteries! Average cost of that Deka is $400! At least the Optima only averages $175-200! No offense David but I think i'll stick to my Interstates

Tazz, I'm leaving two where they are (side by side) up against the bow seat and the third will be under the port bow cushion.
    That's where I put mine. That's a standard size Group 29 lead acid battery and it fits under the fiberglass lip. See pic below.

Last edited by cab13367; 04-24-2011 at 10:29 AM.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Thanks Al! Good to know, I was going to haul one of mine into the boat this morning to check fit. So it's in a standard batt box without the lid correct?
    2007 Mobius LSV

Razzman,
    I don't ship batteries so I don't have a horse in this race. But you are off considerably on the 'actual' purchase price of the SeaMate AGM. These batteries can also be purchased from a West Marine under their house brand.
    Great batteries with great amp/hour capacity as compared to Optimas and with many other attributes that are unique to AGMs, most notably the ability to lay them on their side for more creative fit applications, especially when using multiples.
    Of course standard flooded batteries are always the most cost effective if you are looking solely at amp/hours.
    Again, I don't have a horse in the race and I have yet to find a bad battery brand among the more popular ones.

David
    Earmark Marine

Quote Originally Posted by EarmarkMarine View Post
    Razzman,
    I don't ship batteries so I don't have a horse in this race. But you are off considerably on the 'actual' purchase price of the SeaMate AGM. These batteries can also be purchased from a West Marine under their house brand.
    Great batteries with great amp/hour capacity as compared to Optimas and with many other attributes that are unique to AGMs, most notably the ability to lay them on their side for more creative fit applications, especially when using multiples.
    Of course standard flooded batteries are always the most cost effective if you are looking solely at amp/hours.
    Again, I don't have a horse in the race and I have yet to find a bad battery brand among the more popular ones.

David
    Earmark Marine
    Those were just internet averages for price comparison. Btw, the West Marine version, 8G31TDM, is $369.00 and that's assuming you have a West Marine close by. At 71 lbs I sure wouldn't pay freight for one because then it would be ... $400 or more. Granted there may be local dealers selling them for less but I know many of us shop the internet for prices.
    Last edited by Razzman; 04-24-2011 at 12:53 PM.
    2007 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by Razzman View Post
    Thanks Al! Good to know, I was going to haul one of mine into the boat this morning to check fit. So it's in a standard batt box without the lid correct?
    No problem. I had the pic handy as i just sent it to mmandley a few days ago when we were having the same discussion. Yes, standard box (says it's good for Group 24-31) batteries, same size as the one that came on my boat. No lid, not enough room for it. I'm not worried about it though as even if I take water over the bow, the bow seat cushion fits so tight that very little if any water gets past it.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Been super busy, managed to get in today and strip all the wiring out though, measure and build the electronics panel. This will be on the inner wall right behind the cushion/door. I'll install this tomorrow and start wiring up.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2007 Mobius LSV

Thats gonna be sweet Razz. I like all the CBs on the panel, i assume those are for your Amp power instead of fuses? Whats your plan for the distro block? Fuse it also?
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    Thats gonna be sweet Razz. I like all the CBs on the panel, i assume those are for your Amp power instead of fuses? Whats your plan for the distro block? Fuse it also?
    The two thermals below the Blue Sea ACR are for that. The one next to the dist block is for the inverter. The one below the batt switch is main power. I'm picking up the mini anl fuses tomorrow. Everythings going to 1/0 except the Blue Sea ACR, that can stay 4 gauge as the charging system didn't change and upping cable size there is of no benefit. I'm going to draw main amp power right off of the switch post for the stereo bank on batt switch.
    Last edited by Razzman; 04-28-2011 at 11:27 PM.
    2007 Mobius LSV

I like i like.

Man if i was closer id come stick my head in your boat and then rattle yours for more ideas LOL
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    I like i like.

Man if i was closer id come stick my head in your boat and then rattle yours for more ideas LOL
    LOL! I tell you this is getting old though, a system redo every season! My freaking back is killing me this morning from hanging in the hole!
    2007 Mobius LSV