Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Looking good Razz. Where are you mounting the Harpoon?
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Al, all the amps will be on the port inner wall, the Harpoon will be on the wall to the left as soon as you open the door. The other two forward next to the batts.

So here's the amp boards, single for the harpoon and the double for the Xi800.4 & Xi1500.1. Notice the big cooling cutouts I put in. All that's left is to add the carpet, I'm not covering the entire board though. There will be just enough carpet for the amps to sit on around the perimeter so it doesn't impede cooling yet cover the boards from view.

Brain, the studs are 10-24 stainless machine screws help on with red loctite and 10-24 thin nuts. The amps will be secured with 10-24 stainless nylock nuts & flat washers.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2007 Mobius LSV

Mounting the amplifiers on double-nutted studs (so they don't rotate) is a great technique. It makes removal and reinstallation easier for gaining access to end caps for tuning. Its also a luxury not having to suspend a large, heavy amplifier while trying to blindly align a screw with a predrilled hole. Its so much easier to add a washer and nut by hand.

David
    Earmark Marine

Looking Good Razzman. I'm late to the party. Any progress?

No more today; school, critters, housework and such besides taking care of my wife got in the way. She's down for 6 weeks

Tomorrow's a new day though Going to fit the boards in the space, add the carpet trim, hang the amps and final measure for cable. Then do all of the above again

I ust noticed the camera angle makes those amp boards look all warped!
    2007 Mobius LSV

Thumbs up

I cant wait to see the finished product

Uh... yea... I say that every time! And yes mine is all pulled apart again too! Its a terrible disease OCSD Obsessive Compulsive Stereo Disorder. I pray all of you get it!

Quote Originally Posted by Razzman View Post
    Yeah I swear this is the last time i'm crawling into that blasted hole!
    Hey nice progress so far. Where dou you get that aluminum sheeting stuff? Alucabond?
    Last edited by newty; 04-20-2011 at 09:34 AM.

PWI as usual...

Quote Originally Posted by newty View Post
    Uh... yea... I say that every time! And yes mine is all pulled apart again too! Its a terrible disease OCSD Obsessive Compulsive Stereo Disorder. I pray all of you get it!
    Yeah and there's no cure for it either

Quote Originally Posted by newty View Post
    Hey nice progress so far. Where dou you get that aluminum sheeting stuff? Alucabond?
    My bad, it's Alucobond, check it out here; Alucobond USA. It's used in the commercial building & commercial glass industries as a fascia for store fronts and building siding. If you know anybody in those industries they can get it for you or may have scraps laying around. My boards probably weighg in at <1lb for the small one and <2 lbs for the big one. Awesome stuff!
    2007 Mobius LSV

Looking forward to seeing the progress.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

there are certain times that I am glad my boat sits on the lift 2 hrs away. this is one of them 'cause this is an awesome install and if the boat was in the garage, I'd probably have a heftly AmEx bill right about now.

hope it's nothing serious and your wife gets back up & going soon!