Threaded View

Default Started the new system

So here we go again, version three and definately the last! Started by peeling back the carpet and glueing kiln dried poplar wood strips to the hull with Liquid Nails Exterior HD contsruction adhesive. Hardest part of that was contouring the wood strips to fit the shape of the hull, thank god for belt sanders. And because I know somebody will ask , no i didn't coat the wood. If the strips get wet, the boat is sinking!

Then came the pain in the rear part, gluing back the carpet and cutting around the wood strips. I used 3M Super 77 spray adhesive for that. You can get seriously high doing this!

After that pain was done I cut some cardboard amp board templates and cut them to fit the spaces. I also made templates of all three amps and layed them out on boards afterwards to correctly space and mark the holes for mounting the boards as well as the amps. The amps will have studs instead of screws to mount on to make installing/removing easier. Like my amps?

I used Alucabond for the boards, just as i did the last install. This stuff is super rigid, super light and water/moisture proof. Construction of it is 1/16" of HDPE sandwiched by two layers of 1/32" aluminum. Added a blurry pic but you get the drift how thin it is. Today I drill mounting holes, add the studs to the boards and cutout cooling holes in the board beneath the amps.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2007 Mobius LSV