Default Rear support poles on OBV stock bimin?

I have the stock bimin on my 2010 OBV. I am considering replacing the rear straps with solid poles. It is kind of cumbersome holding the bimini and trying to put the cover on by myself. It doesn't matter how many people I have had in my boat during the day, they always seem to disappear at the end of the day. Anyways, has anyone done this, or thought about doing it? Thanks in advance.

I saw a kit for this on one of the boat supply sites like Boat US or Overton's or somewhere. Just search their bimini hardware.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

I thought about doing this, but we have to lower our tower when we put it in the garage and you would also have to undo the poles. It would not be much trouble though.
    2007 Moomba Outback V
    2015 F-250 PSD CC

2012 Fuse 40 T-bar
    Sky Ski Le-38
    XXX front wing
    UFO rear wing
    Evo tower

Quote Originally Posted by Ed G View Post
    No, never thought of doing it.

I'm wondering why it is cumbersome for you.

I put mine up and down all the time by myself and have never thought of it as a chore.

When I'm gonna stow it, I unhook it from the 4 points, fold it up some and gently push it back towards the engine compartment until it comes to rest. Then I take the straps and wrap them around the bimini to make the material tight and hook the ends of the straps together. Then I zip the cover on, raise it up and connect it to the tower.

Don't hold the bimini while trying to put the cover on. Lay it down.
    Couldn't have said it better myself. Same operating procedure here and usually always doing it by myself. It'd be easier with a helper but not that cumbersome with one!

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

I considered it, I also considered replacing the front straps with poles as well. I just hate straps, I don't like the way they look, they can stretch out, they flutter, and they annoy me. However I went the Monster Tower Cargo Bimini route instead and am much happier. If I had not gone with the cargo bimini I would have replaced all the straps on the stock bimini with poles. 7/8 aluminium tubes, and various clamps are easily found, google bimini hardware.

I am not much taken with the two straps tossed over the tower to secure the stock bimini in the stored position, seems like a hack... Functional? Yes, but still a hack.

My cheapo stock Bayliner bimini had poles rather than straps on the bimini for cryin out load...
    Kraig - 2010 Outback V