Thread: Fuel Usage

Default Fuel Usage

I will get my 05 Mobi LSV in March. Just curious on what to expect for typical fuel usage. With a 40 gallon capacity, using it for mainly wake boarding 18 to 22 MPH how long does it take to go through 3/4 tank of fuel.

Default Replying to Topic 'Fuel Usage'

One more thing....it will be equipped with a 325 MPI, PP and ballast.

If we have 3 on the boat (usual crew) we can go about 3 hours on 10-12 gals. TBI engine, pp, stock ballast.

i have an 04 XLV with a 40 gallon tank and last year when we took our trip to daleholow Lake we would stay out on the water early morning til dark and only have to fill up usually each morning. We would wakeboard alot in the morning, sit and swim alot in the afternoon, and wakeboard alot at night.. so we actually ran the boat pretty much and a tank of gas last us through the day, maybe a little more.

Dale Hollow Lake? Killer.....was out there Memorial Week last year to watch the Tennessee Fly-In. My brother-in-law lives close by. We camped @ his place and trailered down to Sunset Marina............nice place. Been to Center Hill Lake, too, close by where my mom lives.......hope to go again this year. It's nice to go to a lake like that that is not populated heavily...easy to find butter, no wot i mean?......
    I figure these boats get about 2.0 - 2.8 mpg on the average, depending the load and how hard you hit the throttle when pulling a boarder up.........hope this helps....
    Jim
    Hickory, North Carolina
    Learn all you can today. Tomorrow you may need to know it!
    2004 Moomba Outback. Tower Speakers, amp, ballast, ssrr ... she's a cutie!

Jim
    We were at the Fly-In last year also.We have a black and gray 04 LSV.Good to see other hydrofoilers on this forum.Anyway if you like Dale Hallow you should check out Lake Cumberland.Just North a little bit.Later.
    John

John,
    I didn't get my Outback until August 2004........we were in a White Bayliner 20 footer at the Fly-In....we didn't stay long as we were looking to board and they were on the foils.
    Now i got a 2004 Red and White Outback.......it'll have a North Carolina number on it......shout if you see me....

I own an 04 XLV, with it ballasted out, gear and crew we tracked our fuel consumption at 6 gallons per hour. Never judge your fuel usage by MPG like someone else did above. Use your hour meter and judge the amount of fuel in your tank by that. Fuel guages are notorious for not being accurate.

Kraig
    Kraig

6 gph? Amazing.............
    Fact of the matter, whether you calculate by Mph OR Gph, these things use gas, and those roller motors like it a lot.
    Jim

If you're wakeboarding a lot the ability of the riders will have a lot to do with fuel comsumption. If you're with inexperienced riders who fall alot you will use twice as much fuel than riders who seldom fall. If you're constantly pulling riders out of the water is will suck down fuel like crazy if you have a lot of ballast on board. For new riders we generally empty most of the sacs which will help with the fuel consumption a lot. If we have 5-6 people and 1,600 lbs of sacs we can generally go until early to mid afternoon without filling up.