Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: System Upgrade!

Another positive for the Kicker amps here. Been running three of them for the last few years with no complaints at all. Just swapped out/upgraded my tower amp for another Kicker.

750.1 - powering 12" Polk Sub
    350.4 - powering 4 Polk DB651 cabin speakers
    450.2 - powering 2 double cans filled Polk MM651's for the tower
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

When installing the Box for the sub, is it ok to just screw it into the floor? I was going to use L brackets and possibly elevate the box on "pedestals" to allow for drainage. either way it will require screwing it to the floor.
    SOLD! 2011 Mobius LSV 325HP EFI
    Digital Cruise Pro, Wakeplate, Kenwood KM550U and KCA-RC107MR x2, Kicker ZXM700.5, Kicker 6.5 Cabins, 10'' Kicker CompVT sub, Wetsounds SYN 4, Wetsounds REV10s, Wetsounds WS420Q, Gravity VI Surf Ballast, Acme 537

Board: '12 LF Harley (Monster) 139
    Her Board: '11 Ronix Krush 128
    Kids Board: '13 Ronix Vision 120
    Skate: LF Faction 44
    Surf: LF Custom Quad & XXX

Tow Rig:
    2011 Toyota Tundra CrewMax TRD Magnetic Grey
    3/1 Truxx Lift, and some other stuff...

I'd suggest screwing into the floor is safe given the screws are not super long and you know there's nothing underneath (steering cable, gas line, etc) that you could accidentally hit.

I have my amp board secured using some galvanized L brackets - using 3/4" stainless screws going right into the floor. Not a problem. Ideally you can mount the brackets in tight enough so they barely stick out (if at all), making them less visible, buried into the carpet more when tightened down, and minimize the possibility of scraping a toe on one.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Sorry i havnt got you the pics of mine yet E4. I just have been so busy at the house this week. I havnt been getting home till 9 or 10 at night and im beat.

My sub box sits in front of the hump and its actually bolted to the hump.

Yes you can screw into the floor but i would look in the V drive and see where the hoses and cables are at going to the divers area. Measure the width and then use a straight line to see where that channel is and avoid it.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

No worries...shouldn't be any problem getting this stuff installled. I may howeever have someone else do it. I know I can do it but after tallying up everything I would need to buy it exceeds or matches the quote I was given to install everything. So it may just be better for me with all this other stuff I have going on right now to have the shop do it. I just want it to be perfect...

Sub and ZXRC module came today. Amps should arrive tomorrow (ZXM450.2) and Friday (ZXM700.5).
    SOLD! 2011 Mobius LSV 325HP EFI
    Digital Cruise Pro, Wakeplate, Kenwood KM550U and KCA-RC107MR x2, Kicker ZXM700.5, Kicker 6.5 Cabins, 10'' Kicker CompVT sub, Wetsounds SYN 4, Wetsounds REV10s, Wetsounds WS420Q, Gravity VI Surf Ballast, Acme 537

Board: '12 LF Harley (Monster) 139
    Her Board: '11 Ronix Krush 128
    Kids Board: '13 Ronix Vision 120
    Skate: LF Faction 44
    Surf: LF Custom Quad & XXX

Tow Rig:
    2011 Toyota Tundra CrewMax TRD Magnetic Grey
    3/1 Truxx Lift, and some other stuff...