Hybrid View

Default Easy and Cheap Storage Modification

I like storage space and this is something I have done on other boats. You need 4" PVC pipe with the bell end (I have a place that will sell it to me by the foot), a 4" PVC cap and a 4" deck plate. The 4" PVC pipe is a tiny over 5" i.d. at the bell end. Use a 5" hole saw and cut your hole. Insert pipe and then put cap on. Then glue the deck plate to the pvc pipe and screw the face to the mounting location. Since the back of the v-drive box is sloped and the pipe can not come out I did not secure it additionally. I plan to put one of these in the walk through going under the dash. This is a grat place for storing boat documents that you want to keep dry. The ones in the pictures are about 14" deep. Total cost for the two compartments in the pictures less the $30.00.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very neat idea..thanks for the pics
    Rob Snyder...no not the actor!
    2011 Celestial Blue/Black Accent Moomba Mobius LSV, 340HP

Nice! Great use of space. Maybe you can store one of your shoes in each one.... Nevermind too short!

Really though cool idea.

PWI as usual...

Newty, shoes won't fit but I plan to use these for tools and small parts, like a spare impeller.

I bet you could fit some of "grampa's old cough medicine" in there. Or as we call it on the golf course - "birdy juice"

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

Quote Originally Posted by Ed G View Post
    I bet you could get a lot of charcoal in there.
    Ed, the "Gillobious" uses a propane grill, but I can get a spare bottle of propane in there. In my last stern drive I had two of these in the walk thru and I kept tongs, hot pads, fire starter, and seasonings in there.

I will have to admit that as much as we love to grill on the water we have not had a chance since we moved out of the sterndrive to our "V". We spend a lot more time out on the water pulling people instead of hanging out in the cove. We still enjoy our time in the cove but we just have not used the grill. I have the mount attached to the bow rail and have even brought it along for a few trips as well, just haven't fired it up.

By the way it is also a great storage place for a spare roll of T.P. for the port-potty

Don't let my girls hear that or I'll be ordering up some PVC.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!