Default Drilling thru-hulls for new pumps

When installing a new thru-hull in the bilge for ballast pumps, what is the best method to get either the T or the valve tight on the thru-hull without allowing the thru-hull to spin? The thru-hull I have is smooth on the inside so I don't see how I can keep it from turning when I screw on the T.
    2006 Outback V - Gone
    2008 LSV - Gone
    2013 other brand

I am assuming you have threads showing on the interior side. If you have enough extra threads showing, put your nut on and tighten down as far as you can then take two extra nuts and lock them together above the nut you are tightening use the locked ones to hold while you tighten the real one then remove them.

When I added my extra thru hull I had somebody hold it from the other end under the boat but my thru hull was not completely smooth inside. It had a notch or bump or something there to wedge a tool against.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    I am assuming you have threads showing on the interior side. If you have enough extra threads showing, put your nut on and tighten down as far as you can then take two extra nuts and lock them together above the nut you are tightening use the locked ones to hold while you tighten the real one then remove them.
    Great idea. Off to HD to find big nuts....
    2006 Outback V - Gone
    2008 LSV - Gone
    2013 other brand

Let us know how it works out.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!