Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Trash Can for Boat?

Considering that we dont have a trash can on the boat, how do you handle your trash?

I have only taken it out twice now but we have had to put our trash back into the cooler. Curious what others do...

We keep a trash bag in the cooler that's built into the boat. We don't use it since it doesn't work well for it's intended purpose, but it holds trash pretty well unless we drink a lot.

We also use a small bag that is left in the cooler. It keeps any food residue from touching the boat and attracting varmints when the boat is in storage.
    2005 XLV, upgraded ballast, Comptech swivel wakeboard and hydrofoil racks, Monster cargo bimini

One of my favorite parts about the 24 .... the rope locker in the sunpad! Works perfect for empties.

I'd think you could build something similar in a ski locker or engine bay.
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

Simple solution. Whoever leaves their bag out and not put away just donated their bag to become the trash can. Most people only make this mistake once and learn that I do not like bags on the floor.
    2008 Outback V - Sold but never forgotten.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill

Quote Originally Posted by jester View Post
    I do not like bags on the floor.

Same here.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Another vote here for the "alleged" cooler.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ed G View Post
    Do you remember where you got yours?

Wallmart auto section
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    Another vote here for the "alleged" cooler.
    Pretty much our standard too for cans and bottles. We bring snacks and such in one of those reusable shopping bags usually a Trader Joes because because its got a somewhat waterproof liner and it ends up doubling as our garbage.

PWI as usual...

I have a large 4-5" suction cup that's made to stick on the window to hold a ski flag from my old boat, I stick it to the gel right behind the drivers seat and tie a Glad ForceFlex tall kitchen garbage bag to the cup. Holds all the trash and when the day is done untie and toss in the trash at the wipe down area. I keep a box of bags in the storage locker so each morning just tie on a new one. Great use of a dead space imo.
    2007 Mobius LSV