Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default less boating this summer :(

well, was out working on the chain link fence on the house I am living in right now. dudes around the neighborhood have used it in the past as a shortcut to golds gym, as I live right behind it. got the trespassing fixed, but fence was somewhat torn down. long story short, the round metal top bar snapped back and popped me in the mouth. sitting here now all hopped up on Norco and am sans my 3 front top teeth. $690 at the dentist and 5hrs last night, and talking 4-6k for bridge or implants...

guess on the positive side, one of them had a filling on the front that was starting to discolor, so really wanted a new crown anyway

heading back to work tomorrow and don't pick up my temp teeth until friday night, so I'm sure the nicknames will start..
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

OH S*#t that sucks!
    Must have been a day yesterday as my wife left the dentist in tears because she needs an implant too (they say $4500 for 1).
    Long story short she had veneers done about 6 years ago and 1 problem after another with root canals, nubs falling off and such she is now having to replace them 1 by one with implants and/or bridge. The dentist didn't say anything about this being a possibility. Her smile has cost us alot

Get out as much as you can and hope you get healed up quick!

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

Don't bite off more than you can chew!!

Sorry, had too! That really blows man, teeth pain is the worst, I'll wish the best for you!

Dang man, I hate to hear that. Hope everything turns around soon!
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

ya dude , that sucks...i busted my front 2 top teeth out on a snowmobile STEEL mountain handle bar (hurt like hell) when i was 19 and 10 yrs later they failed...i now have a 4 place bridge which cost 10k....thank god for workers comp......so i know all the pain your in ...been there done that ....got the scars to prove it. take care you will be healing for a while

Dang it, Huck, I'm sorry to hear that. Have you considered moving to Alabama and just spending the money on gas?
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

dang you kane! gotta clean soda out of my nose, off the keyboard & will have to change my shirt!

sandm - sorry for the mishap & associated cost.

OUCH! Tooth (or lack of tooth) pain sucks! Sorry to hear that! You better sell that boat and get a camo fishing boat! Then you won't have to get the teeth fixed.

I was at Havasu and dove out of my buddies offshore boat and hit a sand bar 3 feet below the water. Luckily my head went into my chest instead of my back or I'd be in a wheelchair. When I hit I had clenched my teeth, so when my chin hit my chest it thrusted my jaw forward and sheered both my bottom and top front teeth halfway off from the impact. I also had chips all over in my mouth including my molars. It took a week before I could even get to the dentist. Talk about some serious pain.
    So dude I know your pain, I was wincing as I read your post.
    Hope you feel better soon.

PWI as usual...

Every time I get an injury or surgery I make sure to stash a couple of Vicodin for emergency use. If you don't have to wait for serious pain medicine it really takes the teeth out of it.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Ow! Sympathies all around.
    2005 XLV, upgraded ballast, Comptech swivel wakeboard and hydrofoil racks, Monster cargo bimini