Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Installing PerfectPass StarGazer Wake Edition

I'm just starting the install of this into my 06 OBV, and have a question after poking around the engine compartment. Where is the 16 pin Delphi engine plug on the motor, and where is the connector where a Diacom programmer would connect to (the instructions say to plug the included "ALDL ground plug into the same connector where a Diacom programmer installs"). Thank you in advance. BTW, I'm installing the DBW version of PP.

Did you get this installed ok?
    2007 Mobius LSV

The installation went pretty well. It took about 3 hours total. For someone very knowledgeable it could have taken 1.5 hours. I spent a lot of time looking at the Delphi plug on the engine to make sure I was inserting the PP wires into the correct open spots on the plug. And for two of the wires I had to splice them in since there were already wires coming out of the plug on the engine in those spots. For my boat, the DBW components are on the ECM on the motor, so I did have to run the main PP wiring harness from the dash to the engine. Not a big deal, but again just took my time to make sure I did it right. I haven't permanently mounted the GPS yet, I just set it in a cup holder under the drivers area for now. I did the control test and also had the boat out to a lake yesterday and everything seems to work fine. So far I think it's better than Moomba cruise, and I hope after more use, I see the value of the price tag.

How much did you pay for it?

I am about half way through this same install. I can't find the Diacom plug anywhere. Is it back at the engine or under the dash? I think I got it other than this plug. Thanks!

Its at the back of the motor, lift up the clamshell, and there is a plug there with a dust cap on it, its the diagnostic plug. I know its hard to see which one it is, but I think what jumper is supplyed will only fit on one plug. Took a bit of looking and a "plug of faith" but it worked.
    08 Outback. Private Lake Owner.

Not sure which is considered front or back of the motor, but on our 08 OBV the plug is on the lower right of what I consider front (toward the seating area), down quite a bit from the top...a little hard to spot and reach. So looking at the motor from the seating area it was on the right hand side closest to the seating area.
    2008 Outback V

Thanks for the response guys. Mine is a Mobius LSV. 2006.
    I have looked everywhere. Still can't find it. Perfect pass and Mooma say the same as both of you. It should be drive by wire in 6/2006 right?
    All other wiring was exactly as described in PP directions.

So turns out my engine is the carburated 310. That is why I cant find wiring harness....It doesn't exist. They sent me the drive by wire kit because they assumed I had the Assault 325 EFI Model.
    So now I have Drive By Wire installed but it obviously isn't going to work.
    Has anyone installed the servo model of the Wakeboard Pro Stargazer. I think I just have to get some more servo parts from Perfect Pass?

Got the mechanical version of the Stargazer by FedEx today. Randy at Perfect Pass is the bomb. Super helpful and sent me a return authorization for the DBW set-up. Now I just have to install new parts. Perfect Pass customer service is super good.
    Thanks for all of you helping try to find a plug I didn't have!