Default ski locker ballast bag question

so I have the stock 400lb in the ski locker. bag has a notorious habit of filling up with air all the time. best way to "burp" it??
    I eventually want to add a 3-pump setup, but probably a good year away so really want to do something that won't be a waste of cash down the road. don't mind adding another thru-hull...

really not much room to work with the fill/drain lines in that small area either. I think the drain line off the bag to the pump is less than 4 inches..

any suggestions???
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Install a swing or spring check just before the through hull. that will keep air from flowing into the bag.

PWI as usual...

assuming that will help it fill when air is in the bag? problem now is I'll put the bag in and fill it up. once done, it's 1/3 full of air.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

do you fill the rear bags up first? if so maybe try doing the front first so that air will stay more neutrally located and perhaps make it to the purge in the rear of the bag as the front dips. i could see how the ass of the boat sitting deeper in the water could make the air want to travel to the front of the bag, thus not letting it purge out
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Sandm, you see this thread, add a third port to the bag a wye vent it thru the thru hull drain.

I am going to try this next couple Weeks

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....ht=Adding+vent
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Sandm, you will have to burp the bag the first time you put it in and fill it, but you will not have to do it again after that. Are you taking the bag out every time? If so roll the bag up tight so there is no air then hook up the hoses. Lay the bag in there and (with the check in place) fill the bag. There should be no way it fills with air. Also you may want to take apart your solenoids and clean the mold and gunk out of the diaphrams. That will help them seal better and keep any leaking from happening.
    Last edited by newty; 04-12-2011 at 09:41 AM.

PWI as usual...

I think I am going to add a vent right in the top so I can open the ski locker door and burp it.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

I unhook the fill line and it stays really flat and doesnt get any air in it while on the trailer. After I put the boat back in the water I just hook it back up and very little air gets in it. Maybe enough to displace 20 pounds of water. If I forget and leave the fill line hooked up nearly the whole bag is filled with air.
    -2012 Supra Launch 21V
    -2008 Mobius LSV