Question wakeplate not working well

hi
    my wakeplate seems to not go the full way down to enable the boat to plane properly. my mechanic (who has now left the country) told me i may need to top up some hydraulic fluid, but I simply cannot find where to do this?also what fluid would i need to top it up with? any other ideas (it stays up fine but boat rides to high)
    i have the 2004 XLV
    thanks for all your help again (im getting all my threads out today in one go as I really want my boat sorted now!)

How far down does the plate go?

You should be able to trace the lines back from the wakeplate actuators to find the hydraulic fluid reservior. If you're low on fluid you most likely have another issue like a damaged actuator or loose fitting. Have you noticed oil in the bilge?

Also check for leaks at the cylinders. Fluid is standard ATF.

Check your connects the steering wheel. The wires that come from the actuator that go into the switch on the steering wheel. These come loose, and contact is lost. I've had this happen several times from messing around with the steering wheel. Easy fix, and even easier to check. Typically the yellow wire is the one that gives me fits.
    2015 Supra SC400
    08 LSV - Sold
    Go big, or go home.

Quote Originally Posted by squeeg333 View Post
    Check your connects the steering wheel. The wires that come from the actuator that go into the switch on the steering wheel. These come loose, and contact is lost. I've had this happen several times from messing around with the steering wheel. Easy fix, and even easier to check. Typically the yellow wire is the one that gives me fits.
    Same here.