Default Box for factory Sub?

Hey guys, anyone build or buy a box for the factory 10' kicker in their LSV? Just looking for ideas and don't really want to drop the cash for the Exile setup.

Do you by chance no which sub it is? Is it the KM10 (black cone/silver grill) or by chance the CVR-10?

I cant give you any exact dimensions for your boat, but both those will perform nicely in a simple sealed enclosure in the neighborhood of 1.0 ft3.

search thru the audio forums and you will find lots of options for boxes, from just placing one on the hump to removing the hump and fabbing a new box in it's place.

it will get the ideas flowing
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

It is the Kicker KM10 SUB. I was actually even thinking about just replacing it with a JL Free-Air sub to be quick and easy. The Exile set-up is sweet, but also expensive since I would need a bigger amp for that. I guess I'm trying to figure out if it's worth putting the factory Sub in a box or, if I'm going through the trouble to just get a better sub.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkdriver View Post
    It is the Kicker KM10 SUB. I was actually even thinking about just replacing it with a JL Free-Air sub to be quick and easy. The Exile set-up is sweet, but also expensive since I would need a bigger amp for that. I guess I'm trying to figure out if it's worth putting the factory Sub in a box or, if I'm going through the trouble to just get a better sub.
    Swapping the KM10 over to anther brand sub running free air would be a quick and easy, but you will still be in the same boat, pardon the pun.

You already have a great sub and you would be amazed at how well it will perform in put in an enclosure.

I gather then the KM10 is not a free air sub. I could see building a box and fastening it to the back of the hdf board. But I am guessing there would be a right/wrong way as to the size of the encloure from ideal sound quailty.

Ok, well knowing now that it's a good sub I'll probably just build or have someone build me a box for it. Thanks for the info guys

Buy a cheap box off Craigslist and glass it up.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

I built a box for a 12in sub, carpeted it with speaker box carpet, then put about 10 coats of resin over it. It's solid and slid right in for a snug fit above the hump. Here's an old picture of it before all the resin. It's sitting upside down on the saw. A 10in should more than likely require a smaller enclosure so fitment should be a breeze?
    Attached Images Attached Images

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

Quote Originally Posted by mcdye View Post
    I gather then the KM10 is not a free air sub. I could see building a box and fastening it to the back of the hdf board. But I am guessing there would be a right/wrong way as to the size of the encloure from ideal sound quailty.
    Running the KM10 infinite-baffle will yield less then ideal results IMO.

For a simple sealed enclosure, the internal volume is the key. The next important factor is getting it actually sealed (air tight). Shape is not very crucial, just try to avoid very shallow or long shapes.