Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

I would like to ask for prayer for my pastor and his family as he lost his dad a couple of days ago very suddenly and unexpected. My pastor's name is Jamie, thank you so much guys.
    Rob Snyder...no not the actor!
    2011 Celestial Blue/Black Accent Moomba Mobius LSV, 340HP

I agree with Razzman. Even suggesting this topic has led to repeated need for intervention by the moderators. One can ignore a flash-in-the-pan thread that is off-topic for a forum. A prayer group won't go that way. Perhaps starting up a support group (where only positive replies are allowed) for a political party would also be welcome and easily ignored by those who do not agree, but I doubt it.

The point is that this forum is for Moomba boats and that is why people came here. There is no lack of venue elsewhere for prayer. Adding an active subgroup for it will create an environment where members will feel that they aren't welcome unless they also subscribe to some unrelated beliefs.

Some forums have dealt with the issue by creating a special section (usually near the bottom of the ordered list) for off-topic discussions. It makes it easier for the disinterested to overlook the content because only those who subscribe to specific threads will have the content pushed to the top of the list. The moderators tend to more more permissive to those sections, unless it degrades into personal attacks.
    2005 XLV, upgraded ballast, Comptech swivel wakeboard and hydrofoil racks, Monster cargo bimini

Quote Originally Posted by Ed G View Post
    Done. I'll bet Jamie's on todays hit list

Don't let Razz bug you. He's just being Razz.

No matter what thread I get involved in, he's gonna respond telling me how wrong I am.

It's kinda like having a little sister follow you around.

It's all good.
    Yup your right ... wrong again. I have no desire to follow you around and I only directed this at your statement, nobody else's. Wrong is wrong, what can i say, I'd do it to anybody but your the only one that does it.
    2007 Mobius LSV

I think this should be moved to the families section. Although I am not a regular church goer and do not believe that a god is responsible for anything, I do believe people have a right to choose whatever they wish to believe in regardless of how I feel and as long as it is not forced or preached on me.
    I am all for wishes, thoughts, communion, prayers as just like a raffled t-shirt, anything thats free is all good.
    I do not think this should be in the general forum at the top of the forum as this is a boating forum. Nor should it ever be a sticky.

I actually find humour in this thread and if left where it is I can see it getting silly for stupid prayers and incite remarks as we have seen and worse. I have a few I have been thinking of as I want to be a part too.

Please pray for my ticket in tonight's lotto.
    please pray for sisters brother knee which is sore from snowskiing and wants it better for waterskiing season.
    Please pray for my wifes sisters mother who has early alzheimers and is being taken advantage of by her sisters.
    etc
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug

I don't pray nearly as often as I should I don't have an excuse for it at all. Just straight laziness on my part.

I think this thread will help me with that, if I see things on here that my peers need prayer for it will remind me to pray and give thanks for what I have as well as send their request up! I am really looking forward to this board.
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Well this thread was created as another way to communicate and provide support for fellow Moomba owners and family members. Just because support is in the form of prayer, it becomes a scary monster, it shouldn’t be that much different than supporting someone change an oil filter for instance. Prayer for those that practice or don’t practice can be very encouraged during difficult times. I also believe that we are somewhat mature enough not to post a lotto prayer request.

This was not intended to be a place of religious debate, although I am sure there will be moments, but rather a place that fellow Moomba owners can come together as a community to help one another. Sure, there are and will be subscribers that are not believers but we all have a choice to either click on the threat or not. Don’t want to… don’t! I don’t go to the Skiing & Slalom area of this forum because I have no interest, why should it be any different for this thread?

When you look at the design of the discussion forum you see various categories that either interested you, pertain to you or matter to you…..or not. By adding another category it’s simply adding another interest for the users of this board and you may not have an interest in this category, which is OK.

Some people just enjoy conflict and debate..I get it! The sky is blue today, no it's green, does it matter, really?
    Rob Snyder...no not the actor!
    2011 Celestial Blue/Black Accent Moomba Mobius LSV, 340HP

This is a GREAT thread, and I've lifted the requests mentioned thus far in prayer as I read them.

As most have said, if you don't like it, then don't read it. Seems simple enough to me...

That said, I propose a rule for us users of this forum:

- If somebody tries causing debate, just ignore their post and move on. If somebody wants to have a serious debate (not just flame another person), let them PM somebody instead of doing it in the open forum.

Thoughts?

I'd love to see this thread be a sticky in the family forum! Perfect location for it IMO.

Please pray for my family, as my wife and I are getting outta dodge for a few days (Wed.-Sat.), leaving all the kids with my parents.
    '00 Moomba Kamberra
    '06 Yamaha FZ1 & 6 dirtbikes for me & my kids
    '99 BMW 528it
    '06 Chevy Express 3500 (15 passenger)

Hmm. Turn the other cheek. That's a great idea. Wish I was better at living my life that way. I'm going to pass your advice to the other moderators. This is a prayer group thread not a religious arguments place. As long as posts are positive and in support of others there should be no objections. Now, let's pray for all the atheists.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Wow! I just found this... where have I been.

Great idea Sea-N-Things, way to stand up. I love it, and I'm in.

PWI as usual...

Quote Originally Posted by rc5695 View Post
    my wife and I are getting outta dodge for a few days (Wed.-Sat.), leaving all the kids with my parents.
    yep, if your kiddos are like mine when Grandma & Grandpa are around, your parents are gonna need some prayer!