Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 05 Outback

Hybrid View

Default 05 Outback

hi all....we are purchasing a 05 Outback. we have a buget to work with so options are a concern. we are considering......carb motor, single axle trailer, water strainer, platinum hull with yellow accent (how would that look????), covers (all 3), popup cleats, depth finder, am/fm cd radio, hydraulic wake plate, 3 yr bumper to bumper warranty. we mostly ski and tube. its our 1st boat. we usually used the grandparents crappy boat but sick of it.....our kids are boy 12 and daughter 10.....we will keep it in a marina on Lake Simcoe (Ontario Canada).....any ideas or suggests would be great as we will probably order first of next week.......scott

Default Replying to Topic '05 Outback'

Just remember...........all options you get now will help resale value later.........I was on a budget when i got my '04 Outback, but it came with a lot of bells and whistles. As i can afford them, I am going to be adding more (amp, tower speakers, and the like).
    P.S......I would go with platinum and black.........
    Learn all you can today. Tomorrow you may need to know it!
    2004 Moomba Outback. Tower Speakers, amp, ballast, ssrr ... she's a cutie!

morning.....thanks for the colour tips......we are using the colourizer on the moomba site but the hull colour is very hard to see....we are considering black as the accent but thought it might show the scratches (all dark colours), hope thats not a regular thing......yes we have thought of options as resale but i cant see us changing boat for several years to come......yes we might upgrade options then when we can afford them....i'll check back later today for anymore thoughts....thanks scott

Boating life/world recently listed 5 things that really help resale

Bimini, fuel injection, tower, - I have forgotten the other two, may have been HP.

I have previously posted my $.02 on carburetors, seen one in a car lately? I think you can search for it.

Oh, and neoprene all around (I’m originally rom MN).

SD2
    Naked red and white 2005 Moomba LSV
    Teaching my kids to Ride, Shoot Strait and Tell the Truth

What do you mean by all 3 covers? If you get the 2 snap ons you dont need the other (standard one). I would think really hard about getting the tower, if possible. Also up there I would definetly get the heater.

If you can wait till there is a boat show they usually have deals that include some of the options you are talking about for no charge.

Brian Raymond Guest

No matter what you do, make sure to have fun. Purchasing a boat is a tough decision, then, how to add all the goodies, and stay within budget. You will be very happy with your new Moomba. I would deffinately opt for the fuel injection package. One reason being, that carbs. will not be around in the next 2 years, this will help in the resale or trade-in value immensely down the line. The easy, cold start situations, will make boating more enjoyable for you and your crew. The carb. motor is a great motor, but, if not properly winterized or adjusted, may cause some frustration and rebuild costs. By no way am I down playing the carb., but if I had the option, I would choose the fuel injection . Discuss this further with your dealer, they can give you some more insight. My 2 cents worth. Brian Raymond

Smak, I couldn't agree more with Brian. Definitely get the fuel injected instead of the carb. It looks expensive up front, but will make a major difference when you are out on the water having fun and is really expensive and hard to retrofit.

evening.....its a done deal.....my wife sent the paper work in today....i hear you all on the carb vs fuel injection.....we hav always have had the carb on boats we have used and its never been a big issue up here in the great white north.....we went with the carb.....moomba rep/dealer here said as long as its warmed up you will hav no problems and the other engine options (more hp) dont translate to the prop/speed......thats what he said.....anyway we are looking for a marina now.....my sweetheart finally decided on the colours......hull - sandrock and accent - black.....cant wait.......scott

I'll just add you to the long and ever growing list of people that never listen to me

Congrats,

SD2
    Naked red and white 2005 Moomba LSV
    Teaching my kids to Ride, Shoot Strait and Tell the Truth

I got my dealer to throw in the MPI as part of the deal.
    Clark

2017 Moomba Craz
    Raptor 400
    Pacific Blue / Graphite

1st - 1983 old brown boat - not sure the make
    2nd - 2001 Bayliner 185 4 cyl. Sold
    3rd - 2005 Moomba Möbius LSV. Sold