Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thanks guys - When it is running it is definitely running smooth and i was surprised that it cranked so easily after sitting up all winter. I get the same issue when I push the button on the throttle and open it up. It still only revs to about 2000 RPM's or so. The other interesting thing is that it appears to only start to push the RPM's up when the throttle is open to between 9 and 10 o'clock. From it's start position around 12 oclock down to about 10 oclock it basically does nothing. (which is different from when I took it out of the water last summer).

The reason I fogged the Carb was I assumed I needed to based on the Winterization steps found in this link: https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=9877
    But I guess that was for a EFI engine?? Not sure - this is my first year with the boat and still trying to find some of the basics (like where the freakin' fuel filter is on this thing ). Manual says it is under the Vdrive cover, but not mine .

One other thing I noticed was that the Oil pressure did bounce between 40-60. Any thoughts on what may cause the new impellor to leak. That thing is a pain in the butt to pull so i want to make sure it is right the next time. I coated it with Vaseline before i put it in. Could the gasket just be on the wrong way?

Thanks again guys!!

Quote Originally Posted by rjenkins View Post
    The reason I fogged the Carb was I assumed I needed to based on the Winterization steps found in this link: https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=9877
    But I guess that was for a EFI engine?? Not sure - this is my first year with the boat and still trying to find some of the basics (like where the freakin' fuel filter is on this thing ). Manual says it is under the Vdrive cover, but not mine .
    I wrote up that winterization procedure and the instructions to fog thru the throttle body and then thru each spark plug hole came right out of the owner's manual. I think that you are not supposed to fog catalytic converter equipped engines as it messes up the O2 sensor (I think??).

Also, before I got my FI Moomba, I had a carbureted stern drive and always fogged thru the carb and never had any problems.

I had a similar issue with my Moomba a long time ago and discovered that the electrical connector to the PP module (the part that is attached to the engine) was accidentally disconnected so you might check that.

Good luck.

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Thanks Al - and thanks for posting the winterization procedures too!! I'll check the PP module as well. Boats back in the garage, so I'll try to work on it this weekend.

Thanks again guys for everyones help!!

Check that V-drive oil anyway. If it's low, the engine might be in limp mode. Does you model have the indicator light ("This light should be off over 1200 PRM")?
    2005 XLV, upgraded ballast, Comptech swivel wakeboard and hydrofoil racks, Monster cargo bimini