Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 06 OBV low RPM after winterization

Guys,
    I just dropped my 06 OBV in the lake for the first time this season. Boat cranked right up, but RPM's won't go about about 2200 RPM's and I never got above about 5 MPH. I had the throttle all the way open and still nothing more than 2200RPM. It appears to idle fine and I let it idle for about 5-8 minutes before i unhooked it from the trailer. Here is what i did to winterize in case that has any affect on what it may be:

• Change Oil and filter - 5 qts of Pennzoil 15-40
    • Changed Sparkplugs and sprayed fogging oil
    • Fogging oil in carb intake
    • Changed impellor
    • Changed thermostat and seals around thermostat
    • vdrive oil was changed mid season when i bought the boat so i didn't do this at end of season

Any suggestions on what may be causing this issue?

Thanks!!

One other quick note. I just tinkered with it again and noticed that water is leaking out of the impellor cover. So that may be part of my problem. I went ahead and pulled it out the water to work on it in the garage. can a leaking impellor cause those kind of problems?

Is your check engine light on?
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Do you have moomba cruise????? Sounds like moomba cruise is engaged. I don't think the impeller issue would cause this, but do fix it. Then, put the boat back in the water, start and allow to idle. Make sure moomba cruise is off, then engage throttle.

Thanks for the reply. I do NOT have Moomba Cruise, but I did install PerfectPass Stargazer Wake edition last summer. Since I have a Carb'ed engine, I did have to install the servo with Perfect Pass too. I'll check it, but I did have PP turned off from the display. I did check the throttle cable when it was in the water and it was moving freely as you would expect.

The check engine light is NOT on.

Thanks again for your replies!!

If it has a Holley carb you may want tap on the float bowl with the back of a screw driver while it is running. The carb float may be stuck not allowing the needle and seat to open properly. This would not allow enough fuel in the carb bowl and the engine would idle fine but not allow higher rpm under a load.

Most Holleys have a float level screw about 2/3 of the way up the bowl remove that scew and the fuel should be at the bottom of the hole while running.
    Patrick
    '08 Mobius LS. 4 Blade OJ 13x13 Prop.
    Kenwood KMR440U & RC107MR, T600-2 Rockford Fosgate powering 2 Liquid Acoustics 8" HLCD, Kicker SKM10 subwoofer
    5 light- light bar.
    2015 RAM 3500HD Dually 6.7 Diesel w/ Aisin 6 speed tranny
    Live life today!

Change your fuel filter.

When winterizing I would not fog new spark plugs. Fog with old, then after you start in the spring and burn off the oil put the new plugs in. Make sure your linkage is working properly at the carb as well when you push the throttle.
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug

Quote Originally Posted by 2007 Outback V View Post
    Do you have moomba cruise????? Sounds like moomba cruise is engaged. I don't think the impeller issue would cause this, but do fix it. Then, put the boat back in the water, start and allow to idle. Make sure moomba cruise is off, then engage throttle.

ditto on the moomba cruise.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Smile

Rjenkins,

Hey brother, i am pretty sure you got a simple fix problem but i need more info man.

First when its running is it smooth?
    Can you push the button in on the throttle and rev it up?
    Hows the oil pressure looking?

Water leaking out of the impeller doesn't effect engine running, it will only cause overheating.

Lastly pull the plugs out, pray them with some carb leaner, double check the gap, next Never never Fog your carb bro. I am quite sure your carb is all gummed up now and it the root of your evil.

Fogging is to protect the Raw Metal of the cylinder walls and pistons from rusting and sticking, a Carb can sit for years and never have a problem.

I also doubt its the fuel bowl float only because you would have a burst of power then die as it starves for fuel. I think the jets might be clogged or the possible the lower butterfly's arnt working properly.

With the boat off, run the throttle threw its cycles and look into the carb to see the butterfly's are opening and closing. Might have to have help doing it.

The secondary probably wont open only because it requires vacume when the engine is running.

Once you get this stuff checked out let me know how its going. You can PM me if you like as i dont check these boards to often lately. Somehting just inspired me to visit today, i think it was the first post in this section.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]