Looking at stereo options (tower speakers & sub). (I currently have the stock kenwood 6 speaker set up with amp). Most dealers I talk to say we should replace the stock kenwood deck due to the outputs (1rc) and the amps it puts out (1amp). They say that an upgraded deck will put out more amps, thus better "in", better "out" of the amplifier (less distortion early on). Problem is, if we replace the deck, the drivers side and transom controls become useless as they are not compatable with a new deck (apparantly). Question... is there a upgraded kenwood deck that would provide the better output & still allow us to use the stock controls on the driver side & transom?

What we want to do is operate the tower speaker independant from the boat speakers (ie: towers on/off or the boat on/off and visa versa). Is there a product that will allow us to increase the volume independantly from the boat speakers/tower speakers. We have been told we can lower the tower speakers, but cannot have just the towers on and the boat sound off? this does not sound right to me. We should be able to have the towers on or off and the boat speakers on or off, both independant of each other.... any suggestions?

We have narrowed it down to the bullets 770 (1 pair) or the Exile 7 (1 pair). Any thoughts on which one is better and why?

Thanks.

Trev.