I am well underway on my spring project. I am adding a subwoofer to my stereo system. My original set up was the OEM kenwood deck for a source, to my JL Audio M6600 amp for all the cabin speakers(6). 1 channel for each speaker. The speakers are the popular Polk Audio DB651. No tower speakers for me.

Using the current setup I am adding a JL audio M1700 amp, and a JL Audio 10" w6 subwoofer. I redid my power wiring to accomadate the second amplifier. I also untilized the RCA pass through on the amplifier to add the second amp in line so I did not have to use any spliters for the RCA wires.

The M6600 amp is mounted in the observers storage area. The M1700 amp in mounted on the seat back infront of the helm. My goal is to use as little floor space as possible.

My subwoofer box is planned to fit on top of the drivers foot rest. yes it will be infront of my amp, but no loss of leg room is priority.

I took some pics so far. Sorry for the low quality. Used my cell phone camera in low light. But gives you an idea. I will add more pictures later as I add the sub box.

Photo04080116.jpg

Photo04080117.jpg