Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Nice setup JM. I agree any one who leaves an aluminum lift in the ice is asking ,pleading for trouble.
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug

Thanks for the feedback!
    06 LSV
    2 - 750lb Fatsacks, Custom Sunbrella Cover and Bimini, Kenwood KMR440MU and Amp Bazooka Tower Speakers, Aerial Mirror, Stargazer, 4 Port Heater.

Toys - O'Brien Natural, CWB Pure, IS Yellow Loogie, CWB Ride, Hyperlite Voyageur for the kids.

Thanks doc. I wish I could do permanent. But at our end of the lake it frees 18 to 24 inches. A guy down the shoreline public in a permanent pier a few years ago. Fine until this year. The ice shifted and now he is out about 15k in repairs. Ice leveled it pretty bad.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Default Boat lifts out west

I'm also looking for a boat lift, jamie_abb what did you end up getting?

Anyone in the west purchased one lately?
    2004 MOBIUS LSV
    2008 Tacoma

love my hydro-hoist here in TN. Leave it in lift year-round now. No doubt that they are the best lifts used in any marina around this part of the country and have about half or more of the lift market. Two hard tanks that hold 6000 pounds. Pump inflates them and lifts boat out of water on trailer style bunks. Work like a charm. They are the most expensive but the best. I don't have to deal with ice.

Thanks Volfo, very nice lift but I don't think my budget can do that. I'm trying to find something local to get the cost down.
    Thanks for the input.
    2004 MOBIUS LSV
    2008 Tacoma

growing up on a lake in MI in the '80s & '90s everyone used aluminum freestanding hoists. they were great and held up well, except to ice. Saw a few people that decided to try leaving them in over winter and they were totalled... Amazing the power of ice!

One other downfall, they weren't usually anchored, and I did see a few float by the house mid-summer on their canopies! The wind had a habit of flipping them over the dock and they'd float away on their canopy. Crazy. We'd just tow it back and flip it back over. lol.
    '00 Moomba Kamberra
    '06 Yamaha FZ1 & 6 dirtbikes for me & my kids
    '99 BMW 528it
    '06 Chevy Express 3500 (15 passenger)

We never bought one. Put some more dough into building a bunkie.
    06 LSV
    2 - 750lb Fatsacks, Custom Sunbrella Cover and Bimini, Kenwood KMR440MU and Amp Bazooka Tower Speakers, Aerial Mirror, Stargazer, 4 Port Heater.

Toys - O'Brien Natural, CWB Pure, IS Yellow Loogie, CWB Ride, Hyperlite Voyageur for the kids.

Speaking of MI and lift flipping, a couple of weeks ago neighbor's lift with the boat (22 foot Centurion) on it flipped over. Lift was totaled, boat has one major gouge in hull but overall not bad, luckily boat righted itself. Cannot believe this happened with all that weight, only thing I can think of is boat maybe being too high on lift raising center of gravity. Was brand new lift and brand new boat (2008 used, but new to him).
    2008 Outback V

Default One year, 2 months - still waiting for a Viking Boat lift....

Hi, unfortunately I and others have had a very poor experience with Viking Marine - see my story here - http://myvikingboatliftexperience.blogspot.com/

Thanks! Keith.