Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Boat lift opinions

We are considering a boat lift to care for our bundle of joy while we are away from the cottage. Boathouses are no longer allowed on our lake so that's not an option.

The sexiest one is the Viking boat lift which you can leave in the water over winter. Love to have the forum's opinion too.

Give me your thought and experience please.
    06 LSV
    2 - 750lb Fatsacks, Custom Sunbrella Cover and Bimini, Kenwood KMR440MU and Amp Bazooka Tower Speakers, Aerial Mirror, Stargazer, 4 Port Heater.

Toys - O'Brien Natural, CWB Pure, IS Yellow Loogie, CWB Ride, Hyperlite Voyageur for the kids.

have a shore station lift for my 05 outback it is the 4000 lb size . I pull in and out in spring and fall but I notice other people leaving theirs in thru out the winter with out any harm. Living in Saskatchewan so lake freezes over but like I said other leave theirs in all year round .I totally enjoy not having to worry about the boat when not at the cabin as well as having it on the lift during day and not having all waves from days boating pounding it to crap.

I would imagine your choices are going to be limited based on the lake you are on.

My parents have always had one that has hard tanks that fill and empty air in order to lift the boat out of the water. Has bunks like a trailer would. Father-in-law has a pulley system style one that lifts the boat from above by use of pulleys.

I like the hard tanks more. But that lake doesn't drain to empty in the winters. Would not be ideal for a lake that drains.
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

Todd
    2017 SUPRA SA450

With all due respect - how do these guys list themselves as Americas #1 lift? I have been boating in Minnesota for 40 years and never seen them? Interesting concept.
    If you believe something to be true, it will be - in it's consequences.

2009 MasterCraft ProStar 197 - DD - 5.7L - 325HP - Zero Off

I have a lift with hard tanks and bunks like a trailer. Mine is a Boat Floater. They are all pretty good. The Hydro Hoist is expensive and has Poly tanks. They are top of the line for a poly tank lift.

Quote Originally Posted by BensonWdby View Post
    With all due respect - how do these guys list themselves as Americas #1 lift? I have been boating in Minnesota for 40 years and never seen them? Interesting concept.
    Hydro hoist is very popular in this part of the country. I believe the company was started here on Grand Lake in Oklahoma.

We have 2 small ones for PWC's, 1 for bass boat and 1 for the "runabout". All of these are round fiberglass tanks. We also use the hydroport for PWC quick access on busy holiday weekends.

As for them being the #1 boat, IDK its the only lift I've owned so I don't know any different.
    Todd
    2017 SUPRA SA450

Default Viking Marine Boat Lifts

I have had a Viking Marine boat lift for 5 seasons. This year, the ice toppled my lift (the lift is free standing and I have a rocky bottom. I never trusted it to hold my boat over the winter) They claimed they would come fix it, but never did. They offer absolutely NO customer service. for the past 3 years they have been telling me and the other 2 lift owners on my lake they would come and install larger sprockets and maintain the lift, but they NEVER show up. There is nobody out there that works on their lifts, just Bo.

If you dont want to just throw money down the drain, I would suggest a more substantial and reputable boat lift manufacturer

Shorestaion is very solid in the north, my friend has one. as well as RGC which my dad has is out of buffalo NY. i have a great lakes hoist out of michigan area.

all three are stationary vertical lifts. i would never leave my hoist in the water on the winter if ice could get to ice. either move it or crumple it like a paper clip... my .02

Last edited by jmvotto; 04-27-2011 at 10:26 PM.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Nice setup JM. I agree any one who leaves an aluminum lift in the ice is asking ,pleading for trouble.
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug