Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Barefoot boom on LSV

Does anyone have a boom on an 07+ LSV?

If so could you possibly provide a few pics and info on your boom.
    I am currently looking at the Deluxe Quad V drive boom from Barefoot international. Just wondering what other options are out there and how well they work on our boats. I will be using it for everything from teaching kids to ski/wakeboard to barefooting. Thanks in advance for any help.

Shooter - I hope someone can help you with a pic. Boom will be such a versatile addition to your rig, just as you envision. Have one for my Outback DD and use it a lot. It's a snap to drop in place when needed (like two minutes) or store when finished. Let us know what you decide. - Deerfield
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

i have the barefoot boom. you want the pics of just the boom or of it on the boat? i have it on the shelf in the garage but not sure what that will show ya. i know with the lsv like what i have also you have to order it for a certain side of the boat. last summer i used it to help beginners learn to wakeboard but no barefooting yet. anything i can help ya with just ask. i purchased mine from footers edge cheapest place i found.
    08 lsv all red- dual battery system, kicker 700.5 and 450.2 amp, 10" kicker sub, wetsounds eq, polk db651 cabin speakers, exile xm7 tower speakers, ss thru hull fittings, seadek pad, evolutions cover

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=10664

I have the tower boom if you want to see that one
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug

gus, I believe that is the same boom I am looking at. How easy is it to set up/tear down out on the water? I'd love to see some pics of it on the boat if happen to set it up before long. Will prob be at least a month before I order one.

DOCDRS, I would like to see pics of the tower boom as well. I inquired about it as well. The guy I spoke with at Barefoot International kinda led me to believe that the tower boom was a bit harder to set up while out on the water. I'll have kid's ranging from 4-40+ with me, so I'd like to be able to set it up rather quickly when needed. Last thing I want is to put one of the the youngsters off when they want to try something new.

Thanks!

Shooter - Give yourself ninety minutes for initial install of the boom. After unpacking and reviewing the easy-to-read instructions from Barefoot International, install invloves bolting the attachment point at the correct level on the tow pylon and adjusting cables to the exact length for your boat. After that, setup is a matter of one quick release pin and one clip. Boom, your done. Easy and fast. But, let's get confirmation from the v-drive guys that their install and setup are equally easy to the direct drive applicaiton. - Deerfield
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

[QUOTE=
    DOCDRS, I would like to see pics of the tower boom as well. I inquired about it as well. The guy I spoke with at Barefoot International kinda led me to believe that the tower boom was a bit harder to set up while out on the water. I'll have kid's ranging from 4-40+ with me, so I'd like to be able to set it up rather quickly when needed. Last thing I want is to put one of the the youngsters off when they want to try something new.

Thanks![/QUOTE]

I think the tower boom would be easy to set up on the water once you have it dialed in. I have a dock so set up is easy, I got the Tower boom as I didnt want anything inside the boat, and I wanted it as far forward as possible to get out of the chine spray, especially for barefooting.

The problem with the tower boom is trying to adjust it up or down while out on the lake. Not a prob for me as I am usu close to my dock if need be. On this basis I would not get this boom if I were you. But I am comparing it to an inboard DD boom which is easily adjusted. Not sure how much height adjustment there is on a V drive contour boom.
    Last edited by DOCDRS; 04-07-2011 at 04:58 PM.
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug

its not the easiest to do on the water to be honest it takes atleast one other person to do and you better have a tube or something to float on out to the side of the boat while your handling the boom and extentions and the fastening the cables. i don't have a dock to use where i load my boat is a public area so i can't take up the dock for 15 while i hook everthing up . took me around 15 min to install anchored in the water. i don't mind doing it when i have a boat load of newbies cause they get to learn but its not something i'd want to do on a regular basis. if i had a lake house or dock on the lake it'd be a lot simpler so it kinda depends on your situation. all in all its a great tool its helped out a few people last summer get the hang of wakeboarding so i look at it as a successful purchase.

i don't foresee me getting out to the lake anytime soon to use it but if i do i'll gladly take some pics for ya
    08 lsv all red- dual battery system, kicker 700.5 and 450.2 amp, 10" kicker sub, wetsounds eq, polk db651 cabin speakers, exile xm7 tower speakers, ss thru hull fittings, seadek pad, evolutions cover

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=10664

I've got the boom with an LSV - I'm not positive which one it is, it has the bend in it to move it up for the v pylon. It works great.

We always have to install out on the river - it isn't bad with just 2 people. We put the extension on first, then using the cables wrapped around the top of the tower (kinda like a pulley) one person leans out to connect it to the main part while the other lowers the end of it slowly by letting out the cable. This way the person leaning out doesn't need to worry with trying to hold it up. A tube or float would accomplish the same idea. Then connect the cables up front. Just need to be careful - it's heavy i'm sure it will sink fast. Takes maybe 10 minutes.

We put it out passenger side but it could go either side. We have the height adjuster but it is just if you want to lower the boom, doesn't really raise it. In the pictures we are not using the height adjuster at all. Biggest way we adjust height is moving the people around in the boat. I would definitely recommend the extension though, helps get you further out away from the spray.

The spray isn't bad, would be better if it was further forward but we had heard the tower boom is very difficult to put up without access to the shore, so went with this. Don't really have any pics of just the boom, but here it is in use. Actually Pics are too big I'll be back to post later

Thank you to everyone for the input. I am real excited about adding the boom and wish I could do it now, but the prop and 750s have ate my budget for a while. Besides this gives me time to keep researching and will let the water warm up a bit for for the little ones. If anyone does make it to the lake I would appreciate pics.
    07 Mobius LSV