Thread: Kicker IX Amps

Default Kicker IX Amps

I was just wondering if anyone on here has experimented with the new line of the Kicker IX Amps before... I'm really liking them more and more I look at them being fairly smaller in size, and stackable! I'm thinking of repowering my system with the 500.4, 1000.1, and using the stock 350.4 for the cabin speakers. I guess I'm concerned with them dissipating the heat being as small as they are. If you have used them or dealt with them, let me know how well they performed. Pics I just pulled from ebay, hense "sonic electronix" logo.

2004 Moomba LSV Blue

Never seen them before. There were only a few customer reviews of that line on crutchfield.com. Lots of good words
    2003 Outback, Assault EFI, (6) Polk Audio DB651s, JL Audio M6600 amp, JL Audio M1700 amp, JL Audio 10w6v2 subwoofer

Quote Originally Posted by Hoopskier View Post
    Never seen them before. There were only a few customer reviews of that line on crutchfield.com. Lots of good words
    Thats what I've seen... I'm thinking I may try them out and see how well they perform in the marine environment.
    2004 Moomba LSV Blue

The Kicker IX amps are full-range Class D amplifiers. As a result there is little or no heat generated as with a Class A/B amplifier. This allows the smaller size.

I represent Kicker to the marine community, so let me shy away from subjective statements, but know I am running an IX500.4 for my "tower" speakers on my Stingray. It ran through Oklahoma's brutal hot summer without any issues last summer, and trust me, we went out west, (away from everyone else) and just cranked it for hours on end a few times, just to try to get it to quit. I could not get it to thermal.

Build quality is rugged; typical Kicker. The IX amps arae not marinized like the ZXM amps but if you mount them high and dry, (and we know there are plenty of places on a Moomba) you will have no issues.

Hope that helps-

Phil
    Kicker

thanks phil... was hoping you'd chim in about them. with my current setup my amps are going into protection consistently when cranked, so just looking to replace them just for that reason. thanks again, i'll make sure to post up some pictures when i upgrade.
    2004 Moomba LSV Blue