Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Don't Forget to Check the Operator Licensing Requirements for your State

Washington State requires 35 years old or younger to have an operators license for 2011 and the age increases each year. The attached link is one of the few free online tests that qualify but the state still wants their ten bucks. Click on your state and see what they require.

http://www.boatus.org/onlinecourse/default.asp
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

sometimes I think that this is a good thing, but then again, not sure that it would really make a difference as I drive to work every day and think that drivers licenses are no gauge of a person's ability to operate a motor vehicle
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Well said sandm
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

I forgot to add that a boater test usually qualifies for an insurance discount. In my case it was 10%. I took the free Oregon test back in the early 90's just to get the discount.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

I used two screens at work today and just keyed through the information and took the tests. If you're unsure then type the question in google and there is answers already out there. It won't let you copy and paste.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

Canada has just increased the requirements for a PCOC . As of April 15 a minimum of 3 hours of study time will be required to study the 5 chapter online course, passing chapter quizzes sequentially, and finally taking a 50 question exam. Get yours before the change ,you have 8 days left
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug

Quote Originally Posted by DOCDRS View Post
    Canada has just increased the requirements for a PCOC . As of April 15 a minimum of 3 hours of study time will be required to study the 5 chapter online course, passing chapter quizzes sequentially, and finally taking a 50 question exam. Get yours before the change ,you have 8 days left
    Thanks for the reminder! I have mine, but want some relatives and friends to get theirs so that there is a wider selection of alternate drivers.
    2005 XLV, upgraded ballast, Comptech swivel wakeboard and hydrofoil racks, Monster cargo bimini

i think my USCG 100 Ton Master License qualifies... but i did take the online one for my gf while she was at work... lol just incase i become under the influence, good to have an alt captain of my vessel.
    2004 Moomba LSV Blue

If we just attend a U.S. Coast Guard Auxillary 2 night class then you don't have to take the test here. That was easier for my wife

The Coast guard Aux is a great location for information. If you want to know about some boating laws go to the link below. It breaks it down per state and per section like lift jackets or if you need a third person in the boat. The only problem is the state has to update the information when they change it.

http://www.cgaux.org/boatinged/boating_law.php
    2008 Outback V - Sold but never forgotten.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill