Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Attwood?

Default Attwood?

I just cleaned all the vinyl in my boat and need some kind of uv protector to put on before I hit the sun for two days. I dont have time to order anything, and none of my local marinas have anything for protecting vinyl. They all say they will have to order stuff. My question is, walmart sells an Attwood vinyl cleaner and polish with uv protectant. Is this stuff any good at all? I went ahead and bought it and used it on one seat. Its not greasy at all and actually makes the seat look dull. I dont care about the look, I just want something thats going to actually protect the vinyl and not degrade it that I can get without having to order. Or is there something else anybody can recommend that I can pick up at a local store? (walmart, auto parts store)

ok, so I had a marina tell me to put baby oil on the vinyl??? He said clean it with Totaly Awsome the coat it with baby oil. That way the vinyl soaks up the oils and it stays soft. Anybody ever heard of that? Im not too sure about the idea because it doesnt have any type of uv protection.

Never used it but as long as it has some uv protection it should be fine, i use 303 aerospace as well as others do.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Yeah thats what I would like to get ahold of but I have no idea who would carry it locally around here.

Default 303 marine

I have used 303 marine protectant for years. Only issue is that it can make the vinyl a bit slippery, but it makes the vinyl nice and shiny and also provides uv protection. It's actually recommended by the Mfg of the vinyl used in moomba. I know our walmart doesn't stock it, I bought mine online (check amazon or overtons.com) They also sell a cleaner that won't damage the vinyl as well. As to baby oil, I would be careful, some oils contain petroleum products which can actually shorten the life of the vinyl and I would think it would be extremely slippery.

Mark

Camping World and most RV dealers carry 303.
    jy

Babes Seat Saver, uv protection without the slipperyness. Been using it for years without issue.
    2007 Mobius LSV

^and it smells delish......
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

I use 303, and my marina carries it.

I would also recommend Totally Awesome. I had a corner of one of my seats that for some reason had black mold grow on it despite sitting in a closet and I could not get it off while using a bruch with Malco, 303 cleaner, and even plain soap. I tried Totally Awesome after hearing good things about it on Wake World and it was insane. Came right off and I hardly had to scrub. Love that stuff.
    -Mark
    2005 LSV
    Tow w/:
    Volkswagen Touareg V8
    Mods: Stereo, Stainless Cup Holders and Thru Hulls, Chrome Steering Wheel, EZ Nets, Moomba Etched Cleats

"Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, bc your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."

-John Wooden

sounds like it was ...................... totally awesome?

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet