Hybrid View

Default Kenwood KMR-440U w/KCA RC50MR

Can it be done?

Basically I want to use a KCA RC107MR at the helm (to replace the RC50MR that I currently have), but also use an RC50MR at the back of the boat.

Looking at the wiring harness I see there is a "Sterring Wheel Remote Input" but no reference to any other sort of wired remote. In the manual it says "To use the steering wheel remote control feature, an exclusive remote adapter (not supplied) that matches your car is required"

So, my question is can I just conntect the RC50MR remote wire to this wire and expect it to work, or is there another step or part required?
    2013 Outback V

the kenwood website shows this:

Marine Wired Remote Control Ready for KCA-RC60MRW and KCA-RC107MR

can't answer your question for sure, but that would suggest no?
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Thanks! I can't believe I missed that!

Hmmm...

The KCA-RC60MR looks exactly like the RC50MR, I'm curious if there is something different between the 2. I supoose I'll find out when I plug it in! Worst case I'll just buy the 60, but if I can save a few bucks why not! I wish the 440U allowed the use of 2 107's, but sadly it says it doesn't.
    2013 Outback V

that's odd that it doesn't. maybe it has something to do with the fact that each 107 is assigned an "address" and the 440 may only support one address? I know that it took a few for the 770 to define and find the 107 remote when I hooked mine up.

if they are the same, and same wiring, bet it will work tho. guessing maybe kenwood doesn't talk much about backwards compatibility..
    bet you could find someone on here to buy the 50 if you don't use it. my experience are that those transom remotes take a ton of abuse and generally don't look new after several years of use
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

One last question:

Does anyone know if the Front and Rear pre-outs get the same signal (assuming the fade & balance is neutral)
    2013 Outback V

The front & rear pre-outs are neutral on the 440u. I actually hooked my interior speakers amp to the front output & my tower speakers amp to the rear output. This allows me to fade the volume between the interior speakers and tower speakers which is great when pulling riders.

And I believe if the RC50MR remote is a 1 wire remote, not in including the power and ground wire for lighting, that it should work with the steering wheel remote wire. I used the steering wheel wire for my Boost box volume control & it works great. And the RC107MR remote is absolutely great once you get all off the functions figured out.
    Patrick
    '08 Mobius LS. 4 Blade OJ 13x13 Prop.
    Kenwood KMR440U & RC107MR, T600-2 Rockford Fosgate powering 2 Liquid Acoustics 8" HLCD, Kicker SKM10 subwoofer
    5 light- light bar.
    2015 RAM 3500HD Dually 6.7 Diesel w/ Aisin 6 speed tranny
    Live life today!