Default Amp Mount Location?

Hey guys I currently have my amp mounted in the battery cabin on my 99 Outback L/S and I was thinking about moving it the the bulkhead/firewall under the dash at my feet to cut down on the length and mess of all the speaker wire running from the driver side to the passenger. This way I would only have a power and ground running to the passenger battery cabin which would be much cleaner. I'm having trouble finding anyone who has mounted their amps here. Is there a reason no one is doing this?

Thanks

Just a thought - you might consider moving the deck instead. Mine is in the glove box on the passenger side basically right above my amps so all the wiring is close and tight. Only thing on the driver's side is a wired remote control.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

When you consider all the pros and cons of the power and signal path including RCA line level and speaker level, most people elect to keep the DC power cables the shortest distance. Maintaining a high voltage supply to your amplifiers is probably the most critical performance issue and large gauge power cables are the most expensive per distance. So I would have to agree with keeping all amplification closest to the battery(s) whenever possible.

David
    Earmark Marine

I just installed both of my amps and a 10'' sub under the dash and I think I will like it hidden. I will post pics as soon as I get a chance to take it apart