Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default XTP factory tower replacement question

Wondering if anybody has been able to obtain an exact fit replacement tower for whatever reason. I have kind of a unique situation in that I obtained an 05 Outback repo that had the tower removed, so I have a set of 3 empty mounting holes along each side of my boat. Which leads me to believe it had the original factory tower mounted at one time since that tower has three mounting spots. I was moments away from ordering a New Dimension but decided to confirm the mounting positions and ended up sending them my dimensions to learn it wasnt an exact fit. The holes on my boat indicate the center mount location is spaced closer to the front mount location whereas the New Dimension is more or less evenly spaced between the three. SO I would have to fill and redrill the center and rear mounting holes. Hoping to use all existing holes. My guess is the New Dimension tower is an OEM looking tower but not neccesarily an exact fit. Unless my boat had some other 3 mount tower, which Ive not seen or found.

Anyway, my only other lead for a factory tower is XTP who I am told originally made our towers. I have an email into them and just waiting a response. I know theyre with Monster now so wondering if they still make the original. If not my next step is to find a 2 legged tower that happens to utilize my current front and rear mounting locations. Any past experiences or guidance in this matter is appreciated!

2005 Moomba Outback
    2005 Outback DD

I would contact XTP directly - Maybe see if they will sell you one, or perhaps you can even get like a factory second or something and save some $
    2013 Outback V

Also check out New Dimension Towers '03-'06 Outback tower, an exact replica and possibly cheaper than the oem tower.
    2007 Mobius LSV

Yea the New Dimension is what I almost ordered before comparing mounting dimensions, thinking it would be a direct bolt up. Its not. Not to the holes in my boat anyway. I will call XTP next week if I dont hear from them first. Thanks.
    2005 Outback DD

Try to get a hold of Cody at XTP. He is a member over on the Supra forum, might be here, not sure. Just say you were recommended buy some guys on the Moomba forum.

CMTaylor777 had an issue earlier this winter and he made solving the problem a breeze.
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

I appreciate the information, I will give him a call. Thank you.
    2005 Outback DD

I called Cody yesterday and he is a great guy, very very helpful. I learned they are still producing the exact tower for my boat but they can only sell directly to Skiers Choice, cant sell them publicly. He recommended I call Skiers Choice which I will probably do, though I'm pretty certain they will refer me to my local dealer. And once I thought about it if I remember correctly I think I called a dealer a year or so ago about this and learned they could get me this tower at a price of like $3400. When I thought I could get the New Dimension for around $2k I thought that would be a good alternative, but I dont think I will spend more for a tower for this boat.

So, I think I'm going to call the search for an OEM tower over, and settle for a 2 legged that hopefully will fit my existing front and rear mounting spots. I've determined that the Skylon Pro XT has an adjustable mounting stance within my measurements; which is about 61.5". But that tower is about $1900. Apparently the Wake Design Stilleto and the DIYWAKE (Pyramide Manfg) Pro Swoop also will fit, at less money I think. Just wondering if anybody has good or bad knowledge of any of these.

And again, thanks for the help and information.
    2005 Outback DD

I don't know. At this point I'd be thinking about these guys and spending the difference on getting the holes filled in:

http://www.bigairwaketowers.com/towers/vapor/
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Probably got my work cut out for me trying to utilize my existing holes, huh? I take it you like your Big Air tower?
    2005 Outback DD

Its certainly worth a try, all they can do is say no. Cody recommended I speak with Anthony. Cody also said $3k or better for the tower, with shipping (I'm on the West Coast) wasnt unreasonable. I'd certainly take a blemish at the right price so I'll give it one more shot tomorrow.
    2005 Outback DD