Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

PS: I was kind of wondered how long it would take guys to figure out our little secret in the grill design -- we intentionally built a edge into it to mount Led's. Anyone figure out what the other flange is seen in back side of the grill?

Any guesses? hehe.

-Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Brianinpdx View Post
    Ian - This is pretty cool. Good job. Dont thank me for those extra goodies... Thats my warehouse guy. We are sponsored by Meguiars so we pass along the good love so to speak.

Glad you got the speakers. I like the light upgrade. Looks good and fairly easy for guys to do.

Is the rest of your boat dialed in with blue LED's?

-Brian
    Exile Audio
    Yea, blue in the cup holders, above the driver side sub, in the gunnells shinging under the cabin speakers, under the bow filler cushion, and just put the transom set up in today
    2013 Outback V

Quote Originally Posted by skiyaker View Post
    very cool- that's enough to make me consider an LED upgrade
    Ashton- did you do other upgrades or just replace the cabins? Let me know what you think of the difference in sound between you polks and the exile- I'm trying to decide whether there would be any sense in replacing the stock cabin speakers without doing a whole lot else (new amp, battery, tower speakers, etc) which I don't have the coin for right now.
    For now it will be just the Cabin speakers. Ive already got 2 Kicker L7s, and a 700.5. I also have a ZX1000.1 laying around - I might swap that in for the subs, sell the 700.5 and get a 650.4 to power the cabins.
    2013 Outback V

Quote Originally Posted by Brianinpdx View Post
    PS: I was kind of wondered how long it would take guys to figure out our little secret in the grill design -- we intentionally built a edge into it to mount Led's. Anyone figure out what the other flange is seen in back side of the grill?

Any guesses? hehe.

-Brian
    I figured that was to allow you guys the ability to do a component option in the future...
    2013 Outback V

Default wiring led

Ian,
    I want to add led's to my drink holders (6) and maybe a couple under the back seat and under gunnel. Where did you buy the led's and how did you wire them. I have 2 rocker switches not hooked to anything so I would guess I would use one of them for on off. I would appreciate help with this. I haven't done any 12 volt wiring for a long time and am anxious to do this. It seems fairly straight forward but was wondering how you wired and which led's you bought.

thanks

Mark

ptcbtchr
    If I'm not mistaken he is using the same superflux LED's that I purchased through oznium.com http://www.oznium.com/prewired-superflux

For the strips (other than those in the speakers) I got the http://www.oznium.com/led-flex-strips from oznium as well.

The rear underwater LED was purchased on a group buy last year but that thread has been deleted somehow

I'm in the middle of my install and haven't done 12v wiring in a while either so re-learning as i go

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

Quote Originally Posted by viking View Post
    ptcbtchr
    If I'm not mistaken he is using the same superflux LED's that I purchased through oznium.com http://www.oznium.com/prewired-superflux

For the strips (other than those in the speakers) I got the http://www.oznium.com/led-flex-strips from oznium as well.

The rear underwater LED was purchased on a group buy last year but that thread has been deleted somehow

I'm in the middle of my install and haven't done 12v wiring in a while either so re-learning as i go
    For the latching switches, if you want them to glow when on, jump terminal 3-5, ground 1, power 2, and switched power is 3. That's from memory, I'll verify later,lol
    2013 Outback V

Ian, I'm curious how those light strips from BRLED on eBay look in the dark compared to your other LEDs as far as brightness and being true blue. I was thinking about tucking some up tight underlining a few cushions up front and maybe across the back seat but figured I may want to do some testing and comparing before buying a bunch of strips.

I'm doing blue as well so I'd like hear your thoughts. Thanks.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Finally remembered to snap some pics of the lights in the dark (actually it was just under the cover, but you get the idea

Attached Images Attached Images
    2013 Outback V

Nice! looks killer. Noce mod for sure!

PWI as usual...