Thread: heater

Default heater

I am about to purchase a 05 XLV and I have a question about the heater. I live in Oklahoma so I do live in a fairly temperate climate, but my wife is ALWAYS cold. How does the heater work? And by that I mean, where does the warm air vent from? Does the drivers seat just recieve the warm air or does the observer's seat have some form of a vent? I will discuss this with my dealer, but I thought that I might be able to get an answer tonight.

Default Replying to Topic 'heater'

I think the heat is produced in the water manifold which cools the motor as it circulates around it. I believe that the heat comes off the water and is vented though a heater exchanger and directed to the center consold, there are two plastic vents and a fan to deliver said heat. I saw the heater at the huntsville show this weekend.
    2005 Moomba 23 XLV
    340 HP, Clarion 5 HU, 2 Clarion wired digital remotes, 2 Wetsounds 485's, 6 Wetsounds XS 650's, 1 JL 12w6 Sub, 1 Wetsound WS420, 2 JL 300/2amps, 1 Wetsounds Sync 4 amp, 1 JL 500/1 amp. Teak swim platform, Perfect pass. Flip up Bow Light, Chrome tower Nav Light, Chrome thru hulls, Black Bimini, 2 750 Flyhigh bags, 1100 center Flyhigh bag, Acme 1235 14.25 x 14.5 prop, Dual battery system. Evolution Cover. Chrome Blower Vent Covers.

I think the heat is produced in the water manifold which cools the motor as it circulates around it. I believe that the heat comes off the water and is vented though a heater exchanger and directed to the center consold, there are two plastic vents and a fan to deliver said heat. I saw the heater at the huntsville show this weekend.
    2005 Moomba 23 XLV
    340 HP, Clarion 5 HU, 2 Clarion wired digital remotes, 2 Wetsounds 485's, 6 Wetsounds XS 650's, 1 JL 12w6 Sub, 1 Wetsound WS420, 2 JL 300/2amps, 1 Wetsounds Sync 4 amp, 1 JL 500/1 amp. Teak swim platform, Perfect pass. Flip up Bow Light, Chrome tower Nav Light, Chrome thru hulls, Black Bimini, 2 750 Flyhigh bags, 1100 center Flyhigh bag, Acme 1235 14.25 x 14.5 prop, Dual battery system. Evolution Cover. Chrome Blower Vent Covers.

See, this is why you need a bazillion pictures on the web page. The heater comes from the engine someplace, the cool part is that you can pull the hose out of the side wall and stuff the warm air blower up under your towel. The tube then recedes like an accordion into the boat side wall, driver’s side when you are done.

I do not know how hot it gets or even if you can control the temp but I have heard it is the beans, especially if you are running small kids that tend to get cold (You may be surprised to learn that they have considerably less fat for insulation than the rest of us).

Ask your dealer about temp & temp control & let the rest of us know.

SD2
    Naked red and white 2005 Moomba LSV
    Teaching my kids to Ride, Shoot Strait and Tell the Truth

HEATERS ROCK!

People look at me funny when I tell them I have a heater in the boat, that is until they are with me on a cool night.

The heaters work just like the heater in your car. Hot water from the engine runs through a heater core (small radator), a fan blows across the heater core producing warm air. No temp control, just fan speed control, low, med, and high. There are 2 or 3 hoses for the hot air to come out depending on the heater.
    Bruce Fuerstenberg

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting...holy shit!...what a ride!

Definetly get it, I live in Texas and we use it all the time. The hoses are extendable, mine (self installed) has 1 that is fixed and blows on the drivers feet and 1 that extends from the throttle area and can reach the back or observer seats

My buddy has a heater in his boat and its awsome. Im about to install one on my boat as well. Its definatly worth the money.

The warm air from the heater is generated by the heat of the engine. One of the hoses
    come out of the head (engine) and the other out of the water pump. This creates a
    high and low pressure to circulate the water to the heat exchanger under the dash. It
    then operates exactly like the one on your car. A blower pushes air across the exchanger
    and warm air is directed out the heater ducts. There are three, one at the driver and
    two in the walkthrough that can be pulled out and taken to any seat. The most important
    thing is to remember to drain the heater core when winterizing. This can be done by removing both hoses and applying air pressure to one side.