Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Yes, polarity matters on those. They will work either way but one way is much slower than the other. Not sure on how to take them apart, sorry.

Are you adding another inlet through the bottom of just doing the "T" and 2 pumps like I did (& Newty)? I'm already ready to consider a third pump. It seems like it's taking 8-10 min. just to fill the surf bag.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Thanks. I just did some math:

750 lbs / 8.35 lbs/gal = 90 gal. (rounded)

1200 gal./hr = 20 gal./min.

So, it should take under 5 min. to fill the surf bag in a perfect world and about half that using 2 pumps.

Using 2 Rule 2000 (supposed to be 1200 gph), I guess 8-10 min. is really pretty darn good if you consider I'm using 3/4 hose and the water passes through a manifold and an Irritrol valve. Maybe I'll leave it alone and spend the money on BEER!

I'm going to recheck the polarity of the wires on the pumps just to be sure though. If one is pumping slowly that can affect the fill times significantly.
    Last edited by kaneboats; 04-21-2011 at 02:40 PM.
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    Are you adding another inlet through the bottom of just doing the "T" and 2 pumps like I did (& Newty)? I'm already ready to consider a third pump. It seems like it's taking 8-10 min. just to fill the surf bag.
    I am doing a T like you & newty did.

Ryan sent me a PM and i got those little buggers apart and reversed.

thanks Ryan.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

With regards to the amperage of the fuses, you may want to consider adding relays in the engine compartment and steal the power source from the starter wire.
    15 Mondo Surf Edition

02 LSV - Traded In

Jesse, I have the gI wiring in place with relays as well as the gIII wiring and relays. I was just interested in those who added extra fill pumps from the same controls did they blow the fuse and or circuits . Your solution is way over my head I think....

Joe V
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Nah, his solution makes perfect sense. Except for the fact none of us have ever blown a fuse running a couple pumps off that switch/circuit. If I ever have a problem I'll do exactly what Jesse suggested.
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

I did this to take the stress off of the switches. The power for the fill pump and evac pumps in my year LSV were routed through the switches. I built a bank of relays that are powered from the starter cable and re-routed all of the power for the pumps through the relays instead of the switches which allowed the switches to run much cooler and should extend their life.

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=10483
    The above link has a section about the relays and power from my balast upgrade last year.

15 Mondo Surf Edition

02 LSV - Traded In

Default Electrical gurus

Help, I wired up some deutsch splitters to control both fill pumps. (page one of this thread on blue tarp). I left the G1 wiring in place and added the G111 wiring in its place last year, now i am using the old G1 for a bow sac.

??? both pumps work when when using the fill from any of the switches . When i use the fill switch on ay of the g111 panel the fill light illumintes of the g1 on the dash??? no lights the other way g1 fill ligts on no lights on g111 panel .

any thoughts on this would be apprciated.

Joe V
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Quote Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post
    anyone know if the fuse panel for the baalast pumps are at least 20 Amps?

I am adding two fill pumps at about 8 amps each..
    Joe,

I am pretty sure you will have to replace them with larger (amp capacity) fuses. I looked at my notes from my upgrade (I added two T-800's to the stock Rule) and I upgraded the fuses. Not sure of the exact details any more though.

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV