Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

As a kid my dad had an old green tri-hul looking alot like the one above. But it had a late 60's Merc 115 HP OB. If you have ever had one you will know what I mean whe I say - 'Its a Merc....'

Otherwise
    1: 1989 Forrester Phantom 166 with 110HP Johnson. sold in 2000 to by next boat for 50% of purchase price. Lots of stories about this boat if anyone is interested.

2: 1999 Moomba Mobius - current boat.

Additionally:
    3. I married into a Sears Jetwind sailboat - now junked
    4. windsurfer
    5. canoe
    6. Sunflower sailboat
    7. paddleboat
    If you believe something to be true, it will be - in it's consequences.

2009 MasterCraft ProStar 197 - DD - 5.7L - 325HP - Zero Off

In 1990 bought an Old Towne canoe. Sold last year for $200.00

In 1996 bought a 1986 18' Dixie Bandit 3.0 4 cyl. I/O paid 3k for. In 2008 traded for some tree work.

In 2007 bought a 1987 18'-8" Dixie Hustler 188 4.3 v6 I/O paid 4k for. In 2010 sold it for 6k after purchasing current boat.

In Fall of 2010 bought 2008 Moomba Mobious LS with 28 hrs. on it. Couldn't pass up one heck of a deal or I would never have puchased it. (One mans loss is another mans gain)

I Have never had a boat payment and never intend to!
    Patrick
    '08 Mobius LS. 4 Blade OJ 13x13 Prop.
    Kenwood KMR440U & RC107MR, T600-2 Rockford Fosgate powering 2 Liquid Acoustics 8" HLCD, Kicker SKM10 subwoofer
    5 light- light bar.
    2015 RAM 3500HD Dually 6.7 Diesel w/ Aisin 6 speed tranny
    Live life today!

Quote Originally Posted by viking View Post
    MY GOD! If your as Old as the # of vessels you've owed you have to be in your 50's? ha ha..........

and I feel it after doing house and yard work yesterday
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

2007 obv
    2007 Outback V

Smile 1989 Supra Comp

Only other boat I have owned was a 1989 Supra Comp. Purchased it in the fall of 1988 after graduating from pharmacy school. Sadly during school I had a picture of a supra comp from one of their brochures on my bedroom door. I would look at it when I was tired and stressed from school and remind myself that someday I would have one new boat. Fast forward 22 years and I just recently sold it and it was definitely a bit sad. As so many others have said, I had some amazing fun on that boat, too many memories to count. My recent outback purchase has renewed my excitement to ski and spend more time on the water with a boat that hopefully will be reliable for many many ski seasons.

PS I think only someone with a passion to own a boat will understand the deal with the picture on the door lol but it was one of the best purchases I ever made!!!!

Mark

1985 Sunrunner 16' open bow 120hp i/o. Owned it for 20 yrs. Then bought my '05 Outback. Hope to own it a while.

my current OBV is the first boat I've owned myself- prior to that I freeloaded off my dad and so now it's my time to repay him for all the time and money he put into boating for me.

I'm going to see if I can find pictures of the boats he's owned. He started off with a wooden boat that his buddies and he purchased in college and used to ski on the Ohio River in the 60s; My uncle was in school for chemistry so he put together a concoction to try to strip the boat so they could refinish it. The story goes that it did nothing to strip the boat but completely destroyed the driveway where they were working on it.

The first boat we had when I was a kid was a yellow 16.5' arrowglass with a 70 hp Johnson. It had black vinyl interior that would roast your rump in the summer. I can remember it being a big deal when the motor burned out a piston and we upgraded to an 88 hp johnson. After that he upgraded to an 18.5' aluminum sylvan fish and ski, then a 20' sylvan fish and ski, then a bass tracker party deck 21 deck boat and then I got my moomba.
    2021 Malibu 23 LSV
    2008 OBV-Sold!
    2001 Ski Nautique closed bow-slalom course only!
    attracted to shiny things that float

sweet I found some pics; included is the 1988 yamaha wave jammer we used to have. In the boat launching pic that's my dad pouring perfectly good bourbon on the boat before the maiden voyage.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2021 Malibu 23 LSV
    2008 OBV-Sold!
    2001 Ski Nautique closed bow-slalom course only!
    attracted to shiny things that float

Quote Originally Posted by skiyaker View Post
    sweet I found some pics; included is the 1988 yamaha wave jammer we used to have. In the boat launching pic that's my dad pouring perfectly good bourbon on the boat before the maiden voyage.
    Cool old pics. Thanks for sharing!
    '00 Moomba Kamberra
    '06 Yamaha FZ1 & 6 dirtbikes for me & my kids
    '99 BMW 528it
    '06 Chevy Express 3500 (15 passenger)

Quote Originally Posted by ptcbtchr View Post
    ....PS I think only someone with a passion to own a boat will understand the deal with the picture on the door lol but it was one of the best purchases I ever made!!!!

Mark
    I totally understand! I have had the Moomba poster Brochure on the wall in my garage for the past 2 or 3 years...everytime I'd come out to get something out of the deep freeze I saw it and it would remind me to keep my eye on the prize. I just picked up my first boat last weekend! '05 Mobius LS... when I was a kid my dad had a 1978 Glass Master about 18 feet I guess. He had that until '91 I was almost 12 at the time. Have a lot of memories on that boat...Good times!
    SOLD! 2011 Mobius LSV 325HP EFI
    Digital Cruise Pro, Wakeplate, Kenwood KM550U and KCA-RC107MR x2, Kicker ZXM700.5, Kicker 6.5 Cabins, 10'' Kicker CompVT sub, Wetsounds SYN 4, Wetsounds REV10s, Wetsounds WS420Q, Gravity VI Surf Ballast, Acme 537

Board: '12 LF Harley (Monster) 139
    Her Board: '11 Ronix Krush 128
    Kids Board: '13 Ronix Vision 120
    Skate: LF Faction 44
    Surf: LF Custom Quad & XXX

Tow Rig:
    2011 Toyota Tundra CrewMax TRD Magnetic Grey
    3/1 Truxx Lift, and some other stuff...