Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Have you upgraded the amps on your Outback V ?

How are you guys installing these amps in such a tight space?

I am in the process of installing a Kicker ZXM700.5 in my OBV and OMG it hard to work in that tight space.

I am also planning to add a ZXM450.2 next season for a pair of tower speakers but I don't even think I have the room to add a 2nd amp.
    2008 Outback V - gravity III ballasts, perfect pass star gazer, hydraulic wake plate, depth finder, water stainer, rad-a-cage tower, board racks, tower mirror, bimini top, audio package d, graphics package e, appearance package, cockpit & tonneau cover, mooring cover, black stainless rubrail, docking lights, OJ 14.25x14.0 prop.

Toys: Ronix Viva 136 with Kai bindings, Phase5 Drew Danielo Pro, Straight Line Sumo Sac 750lb, 450lb, 125lb ballast.

I will be addng 3 amps into my OBV very soon. I have a few ideas as how best to do that. Will post some pictures once I get my head around it.
    2011 President's Trophy - Check
    2011 Western Confernece Champs - Check
    2011 Stanley Cup Champs - Not so Much....

2007 Outback V

Quote Originally Posted by Canuckle Head View Post
    I will be addng 3 amps into my OBV very soon. I have a few ideas as how best to do that. Will post some pictures once I get my head around it.
    3 amps? OMG. Good luck with that.

I look forward to the pics. Thanks!
    2008 Outback V - gravity III ballasts, perfect pass star gazer, hydraulic wake plate, depth finder, water stainer, rad-a-cage tower, board racks, tower mirror, bimini top, audio package d, graphics package e, appearance package, cockpit & tonneau cover, mooring cover, black stainless rubrail, docking lights, OJ 14.25x14.0 prop.

Toys: Ronix Viva 136 with Kai bindings, Phase5 Drew Danielo Pro, Straight Line Sumo Sac 750lb, 450lb, 125lb ballast.

DG, I have a JL 6600m and a kicker zx450.2 mouted sideways on an amp board on the outer wall toward the stern of the boat before vent chase. Make sense. I had to move my batteries up behind the bow seat port side.

Your 2008 may have the amp board on the back of the bow seat already, that is where some have placed it. If i remember mcmoomba did his amps there.

yes the 06 to 08 OBV are very tight with everything....
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

My amp was mounted on the barck of the boaw seat. I was able to remove the amp board from the compartment to mount the amp. There was no way I could mount the amp otherwise.

I was thinking about creating a new amp board to accomedate the 2nd ZXM450.2 for next season.

Do you have pics?

LOL tell me about it I fit a Kicker zx2500.1 and the zx450.2 and a 6 channel JL amp all under there with 3 batteries so it can be done!!

I dont have pics of those amps but here is my old setup same idea though. I had to mount the amps to the amp rack after it was in the cubby. Then slide it back behind the wall and finish the cables.

Last edited by morgan040; 06-02-2011 at 06:03 PM.
    2006 Outback V, Alpine CDA-118M, 2 alpine MC20's, Polk Cabins, 2 Exile XM7s 2 SXT65s (tower), Memphis Mojo 12" Sub in custom downfiring ported box, Kicker 2500.1, Exile Harpoon, JL M6450, WS-420.

Acme 1433, 750lbs Sacs in Rear, GG 1180 (fills to about 700) Sac in Center Locker, 650 lbs Nose bag.

PP Stargazer

I have 3 amps and 2 batteries and had a ton of room. Actually adding another battery and a 4th amp.

REALLY????

Morgan nice job, must have been a b$#@h getting to the alpine.

My two are mounted like that, on the side wall with battery moved.

Dg I will look for some pics. I won't be to the boat until next weekend the 12th and can get some then.

They are in mcmoomba photo album

Todd your boat is much different its a mini lsv so it has the depth and your hole folds out..lol

Where are the batteries?
    Last edited by jmvotto; 06-02-2011 at 07:31 PM.

Joe V
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

One battery is in the center of the nose and the other is up against the cooler
    REALLY????

Todd, very nice and bet the exile install sounds dynamite....

Joe V
    2007 Outback V ~ sold