Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Tracking the build of your Moomba

Once you find out the spray date of your new Moomba, is there a way to track the progress during the build process. How long does it take to build a Mobius LSV tricolor. I figure the tricolor must take a little longer.

Clark
    Clark

2017 Moomba Craz
    Raptor 400
    Pacific Blue / Graphite

1st - 1983 old brown boat - not sure the make
    2nd - 2001 Bayliner 185 4 cyl. Sold
    3rd - 2005 Moomba Möbius LSV. Sold

Default Replying to Topic 'Tracking the build of your Moomba'

I don't specifically know how liong it takes to build the boat but I just bought a new outback at the minneapolis boat show and the salesmen said that they had a boat slotted for me to start building in late febuary and that i could pick it up from the dealership in late april early may.

OUCH.... Maybe that is OK living in the North,,, I would like mine by early April.
    Clark

2017 Moomba Craz
    Raptor 400
    Pacific Blue / Graphite

I wasn't to upset with getting the boat in late april. It is hard to ski while doging ice chunks anyway.

What is the skiing season there? I live in Georgia and we go from April thru late September, early October, depending on the weather.
    Clark

2017 Moomba Craz
    Raptor 400
    Pacific Blue / Graphite

the wheather here has been so messed up it's hard to say. this year my buddy and I went up to my cabin in early fall and went grouse hunting in the morning and then went skiing in the afternoon and then back hunting in the evening. I'll probably get a dry suit this year and start sking in late april early may if I can find a driver to stand the cold in the boat. usually around early june I start getting in without the wet suit and I will go until the middle of september with or without wet suit. except for last fall wich was unseasnably warm I was skiing in october. We had the crapiest and coldest summer up here that I can remember, and then in the fall it started to warm up!

Just bought a Mobius LSV at Seattle Boat Show.
    Saleman indicated 8 weeks before it arrives which puts its arrival end of March. Will waste little time getting in the water. Is there a way to identify your boat during build and check progress to confirm if the boat should arrive on time

Clark,
    I recall other posting that indicated that from initial spray (spray date) to finished product is about one week. Then, based on shipping schedules to the various dealers, perhaps another 1-2 weeks. Once it arrives at the dealer, it should be one or two days.

I wouldn't be at all concerned about the other postings by people as to what their dealer estimated dates are. Earlier postings indicate that each dealer is slotted with a certain number of each model boat. Your dealer may have had an earlier slot for your model available in his allocation than the other poster's dealers. Check with your dealer - he can easily check progress on your boat with his Skier's Choice contact. If your dealer doesn't seem to be getting info, you can always contact Skier's Choice directly. While they don't want to be bombarded with end customer calls, previous posts have indicated you can get accurate info that way. Good Luck.
    Shoe

Thanks Shoe. They originally told me 8 weeks, which is perfect. I would love to get the boat the middle of March.

Kind of hard to imagine building the entire boat and doing all the testing, including the in the water test in only a week.

Clark
    Clark

2017 Moomba Craz
    Raptor 400
    Pacific Blue / Graphite

I have a question for those of you who just purchased new boats at the shows. If you financed your boats when do your payments start? I assume that they begin when you take delivery of your boat? How much of a deposit was required to place your order?

I may be buying a new Mobius LSV at the boat show this weekend. I would prefer not take delivery until May or June if possible. My wife and I would like to make it through the cold months without a boat payment, but we don't want to miss out on the factory incentives offered during the show. I can't imagine having to start making payments on a boat that is not yet in your possesion, but I thought I'd make sure of that.