Thread: Tire Warranty?

Angry Tire Warranty?

This is on our boat that was bought a year ago last week. I just noticed this in the driver side tire (single axle trailer). Anyone know the warranty on these tires and possibly who to contact? They are the Trail America brand 225/75/15.

I'll most likely buy replacements tomorrow at Discount Tire (Carlisle - too many bad reviews on Marathons). I'm going to go ahead and replace the other side so I have equal wear from this point out. I'll try to buy a cheap rim and use the good tire for another spare.

I know buying tires tomorrow is counter productive to any warranty that may be coming my way, but I need to get it done now. Just curious if I have any type of recourse or refund as that doesn't fall under normal wear.

Edit - looks like the pics don't really show it well, but it's about a 4-5 inch long separation that's pretty deep. Cannot see the radials, but I don't think you'd see them there anyway.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by TL7; 03-22-2011 at 11:40 PM. Reason: pic explanation
    Current: 2010 LSV
    Previous: 2007 Outback

I would call boatmate and go from there
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug

Good luck with that one, trailer tires don't have warrenties per se. Trail America tires are one of the worst as well. I replaced two of mine the first year. In fact none of the trailer tires available are that great so I just buy whatever my local tire dealer has and he gives me a great price on them.
    2007 Mobius LSV

My trailer came with the marathons on it and I have had nothing but good luck with them, but with that said my brother in law works for goodyear and says absolutely run them at max cold psi
    2007 Outback V

I went with maxxis, load range E.
    2007 Moomba Outback V
    2015 F-250 PSD CC

2012 Fuse 40 T-bar
    Sky Ski Le-38
    XXX front wing
    UFO rear wing
    Evo tower

I bought my boat used out of Alabama. A 5 hour drive from my house. Half way home in the middle of nowhere I blew out BOTH of my trailer tires with no spare. That sucked. Atleast you caught the problem before a blow out like I did.

I went with the Carlisle load range E's. Didn't even call Boatmate. Figured it wouldn't even be worth my time on a tire issue.
    Current: 2010 LSV
    Previous: 2007 Outback