Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Major problem with local dealer (windshield)

Long story short (you may remember); Had my local dealer install new windshield on my 06 LS back in October, picked up my boat windshield looked used and in poor shape, dings and scratches all over, and very dirty. Talked to SC and the Dealer, both said take it back to the dealer and they'll touch it up.......Big mistake!!
    Picked up my boat on Saturday, and this is what I got, not only was the touch up terrible, there is silver paint overspray all over my boat, the vinyl, the gelcoat, the dash, even a couple nice drops of paint on the passenger seat and drivers seat. I dont even know what to do now. The dealer has failed miserably 2 times now. Do I try to contact the dealer owner, or do I go directly to Skiers Choice and if SC who should I contact (I dealt with Reed originally)?
    I do not trust this dealer to touch my boat again. Is this fixable without seriously harming the Gelcoat and Vinyl? I am at a total loss now and am sick to my stomach, any advise is greatly appreciated.

Pass Seat Drip

Overspray on Gelcoat Drivers side

Overspray on armrest

Overspray on switches
    Jeremy
    06 Mobius LS

Overspray on pass seat

Drip on drivers seat

Closeup of overspray on vinyl

Frame paint
    Jeremy
    06 Mobius LS

Go directly to Skiers Choice. Never, ever return to that dealer. Ever. They had a chance to make it right and they made it much worse. Skiers Choice will take care of you.

couple more pics, sorry just want to point out the severity of the issue.

Frame ding

Rough paint

Damaged Gelcoat from install

Walk through weather strip
    Jeremy
    06 Mobius LS

Quote Originally Posted by brain_rinse View Post
    Go directly to Skiers Choice. Never, ever return to that dealer. Ever. They had a chance to make it right and they made it much worse. Skiers Choice will take care of you.
    Thanks for the fast reply, first thing tomorrow i'll get a hold of Skiers Choice, hopfully they'll have a better fix for me this time.
    Jeremy
    06 Mobius LS

OMG. That looks like a massive fail.

Keep us updated. I am really curious what SC will do for you.
    2008 Outback V - gravity III ballasts, perfect pass star gazer, hydraulic wake plate, depth finder, water stainer, rad-a-cage tower, board racks, tower mirror, bimini top, audio package d, graphics package e, appearance package, cockpit & tonneau cover, mooring cover, black stainless rubrail, docking lights, OJ 14.25x14.0 prop.

Toys: Ronix Viva 136 with Kai bindings, Phase5 Drew Danielo Pro, Straight Line Sumo Sac 750lb, 450lb, 125lb ballast.

There is no excuse for overspray just too lazy to throw a cover over the dash and seats.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

Send those photos straight to sc. They can't ignore that nonsense. If they do, I want to know as I will go elsewhere with future business.
    '08 Mobius LSV- SOLD!
    2017 Mojo Pro

Call SC and ask for Rick Tinker. He is also on this board from time to time
    REALLY????

that is horrible and no excuse to get your pride and joy back looking like that. The pisspoor workmanship is one thing, but to mess the rest of the boat up is just wrong. Are you dealing with the dealer owner? if not you need to and then get ahold of SkiersChoise
    Last edited by moombadaze; 03-23-2011 at 07:51 AM.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart