Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Angry

Sounds to me that the old owners used some not recommended vinyl cleaner

Quote Originally Posted by dru1974 View Post
    Sounds to me that the old owners used some not recommended vinyl cleaner

Exactly what I was thinking after seeing those photos. Wonder if this is true will all the stitching eventually do this.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

I'd be pressing awfully hard on all the other seams to make sure the damaged threads aren't a problem elsewhere too. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Glad to hear you got somewhat of a resolultion. Too bad it's gonna cost you. I would venture to guess that the previous owner used something to clean the vinyl that ate away at the stitching. I know on my boat, the previous owner used something that was very harsh on the vinyl, and it actually cracked in several spots (with several others just waiting to crack). It's unfortunate, but, one of the joys of boat ownership I guess (at least, when you buy used...)
    2015 Supra SC400
    08 LSV - Sold
    Go big, or go home.

Isn't $650.00 a bit much?
    Rob Snyder...no not the actor!
    2011 Celestial Blue/Black Accent Moomba Mobius LSV, 340HP

This has been happening to my boat for a while. I stripped the vinyl off and took it to a local upholstery shop to have them resewn. The issue I had was that there was barely enough material to sew back, so the guy did the best he could. Eventually the split again, usually due to people walking on the cushions and putting a lot of pressure on the seam. I gave up for now, and have been stripping the vinyl off and replacing it with a solid color piece as the get too bad. I got to where about half the boat, is just the one color stuff. Eventually, I will have to have the whole boat redone, maybe next year. I think the guy three of my cushions for like $150 or $200. But he was a car upoholstery guy and he didn't use stainless staples, and they rusted and failed eventually.

Just got the boat back from the shop. He restitched all the bow panels (and removed and reinstalled them) , and restitched one of the rear sundeck doors. $500 total and the seller covered half. $250 out the door. Not too bad!

That's a pretty nice resolution.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!