Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 2006 Mobius Seam Threads Breaking

I have read some other threads similar to my question but none with any kind of resolution....

I just purchased a used 2006 Mobius LSV 188 hours from Washington state. Upholstery looked good but now as I'm moving around inside of boat and putting pressure on seams they are all failing. It seems to be more prevalent on the horizontal surround than the seat cushions but there are holes everywhere.

This appears to be a boat wide problem and I know Moomba probably won't care after 5 years and me being the second owner.
    My question to all you fellow owners is have you seen/experienced this? Did you get it resolved/repaired?

I have it at a shop right now testing all the seams and preparing a quote for repairing all failing seams. If it is the whole boat any kind of an idea what I could face price wise?

Thanks for any help or advice in advance!

can you get some photos posted- haveing a hard time visualizing
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

See it all the time on MasterCrafts (if I'm understanding your issue.) Really not many complaints about that on this forum that I've seen though. Pics would help for sure.

Here is a picture of my port side sun deck seam on my 06 LSV.
    We had a couple of these seems start to open up and my wife took a hooked needle and some thread and stitched them up. I think next time she said she'll use dental floss as it should hold up better.

2006 Mobius LSV 325 hp MPI Indmar
    2005 6L Silverado 1500HD Quadrasteer
    MODS: Polk DB651's Cabin Speakers, 10" Polk MM1040 Sub in a custom sub box, Kicker ZXM700.5 5 channel Amp, EZ net cargo nets, ACME 1847 Prop, 4 outlet Heatercraft Heater

That looks excessive. I have a 2005 and I only have 1 small spot like that. But then again, I can be a little anal with things.

Either way, those look like pretty far along. Are the others this far along? It may be worth it to go ahead and replace them all.

Not sure if you would up for the undertaking, but there are threads either on here or wakeworld about doing it yourself. Didn't seem to difficult, only time consuming.
    -Mark
    2005 LSV
    Tow w/:
    Volkswagen Touareg V8
    Mods: Stereo, Stainless Cup Holders and Thru Hulls, Chrome Steering Wheel, EZ Nets, Moomba Etched Cleats

"Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, bc your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."

-John Wooden

Wow, that's pretty severe. So is the vinyl tearing or is the stitching just coming undone?

Just the stitching. The upholstery shop I took it to said that the thread looked cheap to start with and not the best for UV. The vinyl itself looks great.

Ummm it's not that bad....
    Here is another shot, it's about 2.54 cm (1 in) where it's opening up, the other couple may have been a little bigger before my wife did her stitch witchery.

Nope mine's not that bad at all - I see that reply wasn't to me.....
    2006 Mobius LSV 325 hp MPI Indmar
    2005 6L Silverado 1500HD Quadrasteer
    MODS: Polk DB651's Cabin Speakers, 10" Polk MM1040 Sub in a custom sub box, Kicker ZXM700.5 5 channel Amp, EZ net cargo nets, ACME 1847 Prop, 4 outlet Heatercraft Heater

Heard back from shop and after thorough examination damage seems to
    be limited to one back panel and bow surround panels.
    $650 for all to be resewn completely.
    Thanks for your help guys!