Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I have 2 250's and 1 600. I guess I would have to get the Irritrol 700 1" to match up with what I have. But I really think that I have the 3/4" from looking at online pics. the Irritrol 3/4" does 750 in about 10min. The Irritrol 1" with a rule 3800 does 750 in about 8min. So I would think the Irritrol 1" with a rule 2000 should do 750 in about 9 min.
    2023 Moomba Mojo
    2013 Malibu VLX 21 - SOLD
    2005 Moomba XLV - SOLD
    2001 Supra - SOLD
    1998 Master Craft - SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by stretch55 View Post
    I have 2 250's and 1 600. I guess I would have to get the Irritrol 700 1" to match up with what I have. But I really think that I have the 3/4" from looking at online pics. the Irritrol 3/4" does 750 in about 10min. The Irritrol 1" with a rule 3800 does 750 in about 8min. So I would think the Irritrol 1" with a rule 2000 should do 750 in about 9 min.
    I plan on filling in the chart after this weekend with the timings of the Rule 2000GPH filling through the Irritrol 1" valves. I should have accurate times for you by Monday. Again I am a little leary of the Irritrol 1" valves as I have only bench tested them and not actually run them in the boat yet. I ran the 3/4" ones for about two years with absolutely no issues with filling. It will be Memorial day before the boat hits the water.
    15 Mondo Surf Edition

02 LSV - Traded In

What pump is this system using at 2,000 GPH, make and model, is this a two pump in and out system for multiple bags? Is the pump self priming? Aslo What type of thru-hull should be installed size, and maybe a model and what location of boat?
    Thanks, Adam

Quote Originally Posted by sandler312 View Post
    What pump is this system using at 2,000 GPH, make and model, is this a two pump in and out system for multiple bags? Is the pump self priming? Aslo What type of thru-hull should be installed size, and maybe a model and what location of boat?
    Thanks, Adam
    If you are referring to the top most part of the chart, that timing is just a base line for what the pump can actually do at the head. You would have to connect vented loops and other hoses to make it work. The top chart is simply a pump only test. The 2000 gph pump is a Rule 2000gph which is no longer available. It hase been replaced by the 1600gph tournament pumps. Your through hull fitting can be whatever you want them to be. I chose 1" scupper style that sccops water and supplys low water pressure to the inlet, some of the others have chosen the flat port style to avoid pressure buildup which would force water through the vented loops. What kind of design are you going for?
    15 Mondo Surf Edition

02 LSV - Traded In

http://www.boatersland.com/att665533.html is that the correct thru-hull? Also found the pump I think : http://www.rivermarinesupply.com/xca...e_1600GPH.html

How is th epump connected if it is not self priming?

http://www.boatersland.com/att665533.html is that the correct thru-hull? Also found the pump I think : http://www.rivermarinesupply.com/xca...e_1600GPH.html

I did not use that type of scupper. I went with the one in the pic below, I picked it up at a local West Marine. You can use that pump but I have never used/tested or seen one of them in person. To get the correct scupper, you have to lay out your entire design and choose the size based off of what will work in your situation. You have to mount the pump below the water line so that the water pressure forces water up to the pump and causes it to prime. Suction on those pumps is not enough to prime them.

This is my new 1" next to the old 3/4"

15 Mondo Surf Edition

02 LSV - Traded In

So if I run a 6" tube to the pump mounted on floor, I assume it is below water line. This would all be in the back by engine compartment? Which pump you recommend? I am looking to do one bow bag at 1,500 pounds and three bags for back at another 1,500. I was going to run the pump line from stern to top of bow bag then run te lower bow bag to the lower inputs of the back and mount the exit pump in bottom of rear most bag. Would this work?

Thanks

Ok I just did some timings for the jabsco pumps right offthe. Bag fill line. It took 30 seconds to fill a 5 gallon "imperial" or 22.5 litre pail. I then put in my new 1100 lb bag and it took about 10-11 mins to fill it and it was pretty full. THe boat was listing so much that th bag was higher than tHe. Vent hole and it drained for a while. I have pics and video to come.
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug

http://www.boatersland.com/att665533.html is that the correct thru-hull?
    No, you'll want to get something like what JesseC has pictured, they're called scoop strainers or intake strainers. Thats what you want if you plan to keep sprinkler valves and are OK with a few extra screw holes in the hull. What you have linked is called a scupper and has an internal check valve. Somewhere along the line people here started calling the intake strainers "scuppers" and it has stuck... I've been guilty of that myself.

If you want to do vented loops or check valves instead of sprinkler valves then you want to get mushroom head thru hull fittings. You'll want to get the combination thread that is NPT on the end so that it will properly mate up to a ball valve.

Thank you DOCDRS!!! I have updated the sheet on the fist page with the timings that you posted and sorted the sheet by GPH.

DOCDRS, I hope you do not mind, but I used your figures to give an estimate of what it would take to fill a system at 1350 lbs using three 450 lbs bags. I was not sure what the stock ballast is now, but I wanted to keep the weights the same so they could be compared with the older setups.

If I were to fill a 750 lbs. bag with my 3800 and 1 valve versus his one Jabsco to fill a single 750 lbs bag mys setup would fill quicker at 7.78 minutes versus the Jabsco 8.06 minutes, the diference isn't even enough to OPEN and get a quick sip of your beer. HOWEVER, if I were to fill my entire 1350 punds with my system it would take 9.3 mins where as DOCDRS jabsco setup would fill the entire 1350 in just 4.84 minutes a difference of 5 minutes!!! (Assuming all bags are the same size example: 3 450lbs bags filling at the same time from three dedicated pumps).

Again, if any of this is incorrect, please let me know and I will make the corrections.
    15 Mondo Surf Edition

02 LSV - Traded In