Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thumbs up Season Has Started

I am officially declaring that my Skiing/Wakeboarding season has begun. I have been out the past 3 out 4 weekends and it is going to be 80 this weekend so will go both days. Is there anypone else out there onboard with me on this? I believe my season is well underway.

I am hoping to go out this weekend with air temps 80 degrees and water temps 60 degrees. I have all of my winter projects finished, started the boat yesterday, found a fuel leak @ the pressure regulator fixxed it today. Finished detailing our boat I am ready to hit the water. My 1st season with the Moomba I hope it is a good one. lol
    Patrick
    '08 Mobius LS. 4 Blade OJ 13x13 Prop.
    Kenwood KMR440U & RC107MR, T600-2 Rockford Fosgate powering 2 Liquid Acoustics 8" HLCD, Kicker SKM10 subwoofer
    5 light- light bar.
    2015 RAM 3500HD Dually 6.7 Diesel w/ Aisin 6 speed tranny
    Live life today!

Water temp is about 58. Wearing a wet suit. Helps alot

That LS ought to be a great boat

Ya gotta want to real bad. I admit, I am addicted and will try it in some pretty cold water. The wife does good at getting me up quick and picking me up quick.

When the water temps are this cool we usually wear shorty suits. You just have to try to get up as quick as possible so the sun can warm you back up. Its still a shock when you jump in.
    Patrick
    '08 Mobius LS. 4 Blade OJ 13x13 Prop.
    Kenwood KMR440U & RC107MR, T600-2 Rockford Fosgate powering 2 Liquid Acoustics 8" HLCD, Kicker SKM10 subwoofer
    5 light- light bar.
    2015 RAM 3500HD Dually 6.7 Diesel w/ Aisin 6 speed tranny
    Live life today!

Just got word from one of my diving friends- surface temp 'round these parts is in the low 40s- Gonna pick my boat up on Saturday and bust out the dry suit- it's go time. The dry suit has easily added 2 months to my boating season- well worth the investment!
    2021 Malibu 23 LSV
    2008 OBV-Sold!
    2001 Ski Nautique closed bow-slalom course only!
    attracted to shiny things that float

My wet suit was well worth the money. I has gotten me out in some pretty cold water and made it somewhat bearable. I have never tried a dry suit. I agree though, if I have some good sun it helps.

It is still pretty cold in Chicago...I plan to start in a few weeks. I still have some winter projects on the house and boat to do, but then I will be out there with my full wetsuit. Water temps will probably be in the 40's. Average air temps will be around 60. The 3/2 full wetsuit is a must for the first month of my season, then down to just a top, then the full season begins...

hoping to get out again beginning of april again this year... usually water is in the 40's and air in the 50's. i agree the dry suit is some of the best money ever spent expanded my boating season by 3 months! you southern foke are lucky to have year around boating season even though you don't see it that way.
    08 lsv all red- dual battery system, kicker 700.5 and 450.2 amp, 10" kicker sub, wetsounds eq, polk db651 cabin speakers, exile xm7 tower speakers, ss thru hull fittings, seadek pad, evolutions cover

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=10664