Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Should I send you and envelope with an envolope inside that with stamps inside of that?

Lol. No, but for real...

Quote Originally Posted by dusty2221 View Post
    Should I send you and envelope with an envolope inside that with stamps inside of that?

Lol. No, but for real...
    Haha that was dam funny bro.

3 are spoken for so I got 1 left unless I locate more. Pm me an adress I'll mail one to you if 1 will help
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Finally got to it. seems like i am in the middle of mutiple mods, but this was quick and easy.

find a spot on the middle of the bag where you want your vent. draw an outer ring of the thru hull and then a smaller one on the inside, i traced the inside circle of the nut. Next blow out the bag so you don't cut through the bottom layer. Use scissors, i used a utility knife, ( it cuts too fast) almost too big as well. made me move my circles...cut a circle slightly bigger than the small inner circle . check the thru hull to push it thru, if it does not fit, trim a little more. make sure its round. once it fits put some water proof silicone on the inside flange, pop thru add some more silcone on the top, tighten down the nut, wipe any excess off, let dry....

sorry i only took the finshed pic, but there is detailed pics above in another boards thread.

A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Looking good man looking good, glad to see my threw hulls being repurposed. I always hate throwing things away that are in perfect shape and im glad they got to go out to fellow members to be reused.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

if you dont have any thru hulls laying around here is a low profile fitting(the poly pro fittings)..

http://www.koienterprise.com/Bulkhea...ngs-p-427.html

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    I have 4 of the plastic threw hulls if people are wanting them. I have them from when the boat was new. They have just been collecting age in a drawer in my tool box.
    Mike, the stock thru hulls are barbed whereas the flowrite one accepts a quick connect. So the thru hulls can be used for this but it won't be as easy to disconnect the fill hose from the fitting.

jm,

Good find!

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by cab13367 View Post
    Mike, the stock thru hulls are barbed whereas the flowrite one accepts a quick connect. So the thru hulls can be used for this but it won't be as easy to disconnect the fill hose from the fitting.

jm,

Good find!

Al
    Mike, Al,

Yes i did reuse your thru hulls but i used one for the ibs starboard side. I forwarded two of them to board member 04outback as i needed one and we are very close. al i s right i used the flow rite on the bag for the quick connect purposes. as well as one will go in on the port side with quick connect hard to get to for the hose clamp up near the batteries.

Joe V
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Joe, how did this work out for you? Has anybody else given this a go?

I think I want to add a 4th port to my surf bag and possibly a fourth one to my center bag. The 4th one on the surf bag is so I can still vent while using the two others for filling from two separate lines (and the bottom one for drain).

I don't need to add one of these to the center bag but the placement of the top front port is not very good for venting. It's really on the end of the bag and not on the top side. I may want to add one closer to the middle of the bag and on the top side for venting.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

It worked well as it was able to drain much flatter and it did not push up the floor when full, it just overflowed out instead.
    No signs of leaking.

easy up grade, you can even get a right angle quick connect which would have a lower profile

http://www.flow-rite.com/product/34-...flange-and-nut

Joe V
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

I have one of the right angle thru-hulls I could use. It has a barbed end but I kind of want to add a piece of hose to it to run it toward the back of the boat (this is the center bag application I'm talking about), then add a quick connect to the hose. That way I could locate the vent forward on the bag but still disconnect right by the driver's feet in the ski locker to remove the bag.

I'm liking this part for my plan:

http://www.flow-rite.com/product/ada...-barbed-insert
    Last edited by kaneboats; 03-07-2012 at 04:56 PM.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!