Thread: WS 420 help

Default WS 420 help

Ok so I was looking at my boat today on the first day of the stereo install (due to making parts run and the g/f's brother having to go to the ER i got close to nothing done) and I can not find any good way to mount my WS420 under the dash.

I was wondering if anyone else with a WS420 could provide some insight on how they mounted theirs
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

You can get creative with some angle brackets and get it mounted just under the lower lip of the dash. I'll see if I can dig up some pics.

For my boat I tracked down the company that makes the switch panels and got them to make me some blank panels, then cut out the row of switches higher up than stock and added a spot for the eq just below them. Another option if you're feeling ambitious.

Edit: here's a pic
    Last edited by brain_rinse; 03-16-2011 at 09:58 PM.

I mounted mine under the steering wheel with L brackets bolted to the steering wheel mount bolts. I attached a piece of black abs plastic to the underside of the L brackets and then screwed the ws420 mounts to the black abs plastic. My obv dash lip did not have enough room for the L bracket screws. I will try and find the picture
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

I recently mounted a boost box under the dash using some trim channel for a metal buildings. This may help you or give you some ideas. I racked my brain trying to figure out how to mount it. Worked pretty good and a clean install.
    This is a link to some pics of the install. Last few pics on page one.

https://forum.moomba.com/album.php?albumid=397
    Patrick
    '08 Mobius LS. 4 Blade OJ 13x13 Prop.
    Kenwood KMR440U & RC107MR, T600-2 Rockford Fosgate powering 2 Liquid Acoustics 8" HLCD, Kicker SKM10 subwoofer
    5 light- light bar.
    2015 RAM 3500HD Dually 6.7 Diesel w/ Aisin 6 speed tranny
    Live life today!

You can solve any structural mounting and adaption with either heat-formed 1/4-inch thick ABS (thick enough for structural purposes) and easy to bend/shape or cross cut aluminum 'L' channel in combination with 1/2-inch thick painted birch or HDPE. Its nice to have a little excess space on a shelf to strain relieve the RCAs coming of the back off the EQ.

David
    Earmark Marine

Mine is mounted vertically on the right side of where you sit. It's on the front of the panel that holds the throttle, down a little ways close to where your calves are when you're sitting. Hard to describe, but it's worked out well for me. The microphone sits in the cupholders under the dash.
    '19 MAX
    '13 Mobius LSV - Sold
    '05 Mobius LSV - Sold

Here's mine. Like CSM's I believe.
    Attached Images Attached Images

PWI as usual...